Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > General

General Please use this forum to post feedback, suggestions and problems relating to 12oclockhigh.net

Old 5th February 2021, 13:49
Alter Hase

musec04 is on a distinguished road
Luftwaffe Photo Threads

Hello,

Although I normally post mainly on the Pre-WW2 Military and Naval Aviation boards, I have recently begun to post on the other boards if my searches of online auction sites have caused me to notice items I thought might be of interest to users of the WW2 boards. Doing this,I have been struck by the divergence in quality between the written threads on the Luftwaffe boards and the photo based threads. Naturally, this has caused me to ponder why this divergence exists. I am sure different answers may occur to other board users, but it appears to me that the underlying issues can be seen in two areas. Firstly, the volume of photos may be too much for a single individual to post while maintaining quality. Also more individuals start the written threads thus sharing the burden of posting. Secondly, the chief poster of the links to photos on ebay has a level of knowledge of historical aircraft in general, and not just Luftwaffe aircraft, which would be regarded as rudimentary in a member of the species Astyanax Jordani :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astyanax_jordani

So much for the negativity. I would like to make a proposal which I believe could help to raise the quality of photo threads on the WW2 boards. Could the moderation team create a sticky post on which members of TOCH enter their names, if they are prepared to post links to photos of Luftwaffe aircraft. Given the level of knowledge on the board if only 10 % of the 500+ active users entered their name on the list, each taking a day in turn to post, the burden on the time any one individual would not be too great and the quality of the posts could be improved both in terms of the description of the photos and through the elimination of posts which either duplicate other earlier posts and well known images or have no known relevance to the Luftwaffe in WW.II? Given, that voluntarily or otherwise more TOCH members have a greater amount of free time than a year ago, is my suggestion viable? Is there any interest in taking this route to improve TOCH?

Regards,

Clint
Old 12th February 2021, 22:23
Alter Hase

musec04 is on a distinguished road
Re: Luftwaffe Photo Threads

Hello,

Further to my initial post. I'd like to post the following links:

I can now offer to save time for members of TOCH looking for Luftwaffe related photos by using one or all three of these links:

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from...=15502&_sop=10

https://www.ebay.it/sch/i.html?_from...biplano&_oac=1

https://www.ebay.fr/sch/1/i.html?_fr...Desc=0&_sop=10

These links will take the user to the majority of the photos on ebay at any one time on the German,Italian and French versions of ebay.The reasoN I post these links is in the hope of encouraging other board users to begin posting photos of Luftwaffe aircraft hopefully with a little information in order to increase the value of the posts to other board users. If anyone is wondering how this might look I'd like to recommend the initial posts by Snautzer on the Ebay:German Interest thread. A model of conciseness and a great assistance in helping the reader to decide whether to click on the link.

There are many board users whose knowledge of the Luftwaffe is infinitely greater than my own, so please consider improving the photo threads by posting yourself. I have started Luftwaffe trainer and Beuteflugzeuge threads in the hope that others might feel encouraged to do the same, but with higher quality than I am able to offer. So come on stop being lurkers and freeloaders and get engaed.

Regards,

Clint