Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Pre-WW2 Military and Naval Aviation

Pre-WW2 Military and Naval Aviation Please use this forum to discuss Military and Naval Aviation before the Second World War.

Old 27th May 2018, 16:25

Red Baroness is on a distinguished road
Legion Condor/Oesau question/translation

Morning, Ladies and Gents.

I've come across a little Spanish page about Clara Stauffer Loewe which has some news on Oesau that both surprises and confuses me. The person writing it doesn't seem to have their facts straight.

I was wondering if anyone could lend me a hand on it here - it may be a teeeny bit politically charged, but I just want the information - Google is not translating properly, and though I threw it into French, which is my other mother tongue, it also made no sense.

https://www.vocesdeldesierto.es/clar...-walter-oesau/

I don't see how this could be the truth. Oesau was a wet-behind-the-ears pilot in LC, not this Bond-level mastermind she's making him out to be.

Weird.

Researching Walter Oesau in preparation for an English-language biography
Old 27th May 2018, 18:10
Alter Hase

Teresa Maria is on a distinguished road
Re: Legion Condor/Oesau question/translation

Dear Cori,
Do you still need help? When do you neen the translation for? I know both Spanish and English and I might help you, but I'm too busy at the moment. Maybe I could translate it for you later?
Old 27th May 2018, 18:12
Alter Hase

Oops! You've published the post today, so you definitely need it. I'm sorry I overlooked the date. As I said, I may help you, but not immediately, as I have a lot of work in connection with my teaching and research (I must finish the research for my post-doc as soon as possible).
Old 27th May 2018, 23:13

Teresa - I do have someone working on the translation. I think what I'd need from LC experts here is if the Luftwaffe personnel going down there ever used code names (in addition to dressing like tourists). The article, from what I can glean with my rudimentary Spanish, seems to have a lot of dates mixed up.

I'd like to get the full translation from my friend before I go into it with the person posting the article, however. Like I said on my FB page on Walter - my biography will be a complete one, warts and all. It will be up to the reader to make the decision on the story of the man I write about.

Old 28th May 2018, 01:01
Alter Hase

Dear Cori,
Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I have no idea whether they used code names or not, I'm sorry.
However, I look forward to your biography of Walter and if there is something I can help you with, I'll be glad to, and I wish you a lot of success with the biography.
Best regards,
Teresa
Old 30th May 2018, 19:45

Ok guys; I got the translation and this person who wrote the article is full of crap. They have Oesau in Argentina in 1949 and we all know that to be a complete line of bullshit.

So whoever this "Kurt Oesau" is, it's not our Walter.

Now, who wants to help me load this literary flak gun so I can tell this idiot off?

Old 31st May 2018, 20:34
Alter Hase

Dear Cori,
What kind of help do you need? I might try to help you, but I would have to get the content from you.
Old 31st May 2018, 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Maria View Post
Dear Cori,
What kind of help do you need? I might try to help you, but I would have to get the content from you.

It was a rhetorical question, Teresa. I already let this person know they are full of crap.