Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 11th February 2020, 18:09

esc201faem is on a distinguished road
book SOVIET UNION AIR ACES 1941-1945

Just got this book, and I was kind of disappointment the author did not include the French, Spanish other allied pilots that flew with the Soviet AF during the war, also no mention of Il-2 aces and bombers aces as well.

Another issue the author does not tell us where he got the information, what archives he consulted and what books he used to do this book.

Also he left out the following pilot Bobrov Vladimir Ivanovich , which in other sites and books on soviet aces he is mentioned. also one site Red Falcons Soviet Aces 1914-1953 mentions that he got his HSU 20 years after his death.

But the information is good ,but I would use this book with other books to compare the scores of the soviet pilots.

cheers
Santiago
Old 11th February 2020, 19:09

AMC is on a distinguished road
Re: book SOVIET UNION AIR ACES 1941-1945

I have many good books on Military Aviation including all of Hickey's "Eagles Over The Pacific" but this book (Trojca) is without doubt the best book visually, I have ever bought. It is for others to point out inaccuracies if present.
But if you want to spend the rest of your life browsing one book, this is it...