Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East

Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East Please use this forum to discuss the Air War in the Far East.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th February 2018, 10:24

PMoz99 is on a distinguished road
Carrier Air Group detail for the Battle of Midway

A few years ago I bookmarked several appendices pages of a site at www.centuryinter.net, but sadly the site is now defunct.
The site's appendices detailed for each of the units, eg VB-3, VF-3, VF-6 and so on, each aircraft code for each mission and also listed the crewmembers for each aircraft for each mission. The relevant appenices on the old site were, from memory, either 4 or 7.
I have since found some info for VB-3, VS-5, VB-6 and VS-6 at various other sites, but really want VF-3, VF-5 and VF-6 in particular, and these still elude me.
The information is like this -
3-B-1 Lt-Cdr.M.F. Leslie GALLAGHER, W.E. ARM1c
3-B-2 Lt(jg) P.A. Holmberg LA PLANT G.A., AMM2c
3-B-3 Ensign P.W. Schlegel SHROPSHIRE, J.A., ARM2c
3-B-4 Ensign R.K. Campbell CRAIG, H.H., AMM1c
3-B-5 Ensign A.W. Hanson GODFREY, J.J., ARM3c
3-B-6 Ensign R.H. Benson BERGERON, F.P., ARM3c
As the battle continuedand aircraft were lost, the code order didn't look as neat as that above.
Did anyone here happen to save the info? Can anyone tell me if this info was saved on another site? If so, where?? Is it available anywhere else?
Thanks
Peter