Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > The Second World War in General

The Second World War in General Please use this forum to discuss other World War Two related subjects not covered by the main categories.

Old 8th April 2010, 22:45

jccalvin is on a distinguished road
WWII Web Site

Hello:

I am a new member so I am introducing myself and my web site.
I have over 10,000 images on WWII. They are mostly maps and aerial photos and much of it archival material from the National Archives and the Library of Congress. I make a trip every 8 to 12 weeks and spend 6 days copying material. Some of the images on my site are donated by people who visit my site.

All of the images on the site and the higher resolution copies I have on my computer are available at no charge. Recent additions include 12GBs (high resolution scans) of aerial photographs of Kharkov, Kiev, Leningrad, Moscow, and Sevastopol. I have also added approximately 150 situation maps including the following groups: Panzerlage West, Division Brandenburg, Fall Konstantin, operations in Greece and France, Fall Margarethe, Lage Ost-Nord-Mitte, Luftwaffe action maps in Normandy during June 1944, OKH communication Nets, Fall Blau, and Fall Forelle.

I hope you visit and enjoy the site. www.wwii-photos-maps.com

John
john@wwii-photos-maps.com
Old 9th April 2010, 13:02

dsetzer is on a distinguished road
Re: WWII Web Site

Wow, this is really a prodigious effort on your part.

The site is attractive and well designed. It will certainly be a bookmark on my web browser.

One tiny correction...the predominant aircraft in the 'North Africa B-26.html' photo is a B-25 Mitchel, not a B-26.

I have also been making trips to the NARA to collect documents. My goal is not as broad as yours, I am trying to document the missions of a specific bomber Group. Nevertheless, you may find some of the photos of interest.

Stop by and take a look:

http://57thbombwing.com/340th_Histor...ions_index.htm

Great job! Keep up the good work.

http://DanSetzer.us
Old 9th April 2010, 23:01

Aviator is on a distinguished road

Excellent!!!
thank you for sharing! Already bookmarked!Waiting for more Greece and Balkans RAF/Axis maps or pics ,1941-43!

Congratulations!

Last edited by Aviator; 9th April 2010 at 23:34.
Old 12th April 2010, 00:33

tasos greece is on a distinguished road

Fantastic site !! You have done a great job!! Thank you ! I also wait impatiently for more , especially about Greece and Balkans.