Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 14th September 2011, 12:25

Recceswind is on a distinguished road
Looking for Luftwaffe Bodenorganisation maps

Hello,

I am looking for scans of the Luftwaffe Bodenorganisation maps. I mean b/w maps with pictograms indicating airfields and their dimensions. As far as I know, at least two versions of such maps were published (in 1943 and 1945). It was forbidden to take them in the air (this info is not confirmed) and they were used only for flight route planning. I am especially interested in the area east of Neubrandenburg, Berlin and Cottbus (eastern Germany & so called ehemalige deutsche Ostgebiete).

Partial Bodenorganisation maps are published on the front covers of books written by Mr. J. Zapf.

Thanks!
R
Old 14th September 2011, 14:42
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for Luftwaffe Bodenorganisation maps

The Bodenorganisationkarten are in BA-MA RL 40/Kart.
Old 16th September 2011, 18:27

Thank you Larry. It is good to know where to look for them. But it would be much better to know someone who has already acquired these maps.
Old 16th September 2011, 18:46
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

There are a few researchers who have looked at them but I don't know anyone who has copies of them. They were not microfilmed by the Allies.
Old 19th September 2011, 18:47

I still hope that someone here has their copies.
BTW: Bodenorganisation maps look like this one.
Old 19th September 2011, 23:53

Seaplanes will become famous soon enough

Please remember that these map can be large formats and consequently not easy to copy. I have seen quite a few and they would have been extremely expensive to copy. If I were you I would write to the Militärarchiv in Freiburg and ask for a copy of the list of Kart 40. Then pick out a few for copying.