Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > The Second World War in General

The Second World War in General Please use this forum to discuss other World War Two related subjects not covered by the main categories.

Old 31st August 2017, 02:24

nathanruss is on a distinguished road
Post ATTN: Korea war vets

I'm looking for veterans who served in Korea along side my grandfathers, William "Bill" Russ and Lloyd Rhodes. I'm not sure what kind of identifying numbers would be helpful to have. All I know is neither of them saw any combat, but both were in the army- I believe they were doing reconstruction? I'm starting to research my family records, but I don't know what to look for.
Thanks, Nathan
Old 2nd September 2017, 03:42
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Re: ATTN: Korea war vets

As next of kin, you would have to contact the National Archives and Records Administration to get more information. Day, month and year of birth to start, and if you know it, where they were assigned.

https://www.loc.gov/vets/bib-factsheet.html

The name of their Battalion or Division would also be good to know since there are various online sites that post some information on them. For example, 366th Engineer Aviation Battalion.

Construction and rebuilding and a lot of behind the lines, non-combat work involved a lot of service personnel.

Ed

Tags
army, korea, non-combat, veterans