Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 11th February 2018, 11:56

JohanSWE is on a distinguished road
Base Air Depots records

Hello!

I have some questions regarding Base Air Depots records:
Do anyone know if there is exists any transfer records, movement orders to/ from BAD 2 (Base Air Depot) Station 582, England? (8th AAF)
And where would those records might be located, is it in England or USA?

Was there a BAD in North Africa/Italy for the 15th AAF?

//JohanSWE
Old 12th February 2018, 01:44
Alter Hase

DavidIsby will become famous soon enoughDavidIsby will become famous soon enough
Re: Base Air Depots records

Are you looking for such records for people, airplanes or units?

BAD 2 historical narrative is at the USAF HRA at Maxwell AFB Alabama (where I consulted it) and I BELIEVE at the US NAtional Archives.
Old 12th February 2018, 02:43

JohanSWE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidIsby View Post
Are you looking for such records for people, airplanes or units?

BAD 2 historical narrative is at the USAF HRA at Maxwell AFB Alabama (where I consulted it) and I BELIEVE at the US NAtional Archives.
Thats great.
I am looking for records for aircrafts transfers, specially B-24 Liberators, when they where transferred or which was ones was in stock at BAD, plus the dates to which unit they where sent to.

/Johan
Old 13th February 2018, 00:19
Alter Hase

DavidIsby will become famous soon enoughDavidIsby will become famous soon enough

If you are looking for aircraft-specific information -- tracing when they arrived and where they went -- to the extent it exists would be on the aircraft cards. Some of this material exists in published sources for some (not all) aircraft that went through BADs. Most notable is Jennifer Gradige's three-volume study on the DC-3 series (especially v.2). Not sure if there is any comparable information on B-24s.

I have not used these cards as sources, but I have seen material on the Internet about accessing and using them.
Old 13th February 2018, 04:10
Alter Hase

Col Bruggy will become famous soon enough

Hello,

A good place to start:

https://www.bookdepository.com/Aircr.../9780786437825

Col

Tags
records