Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 14th July 2005, 08:35

Adam
Luftwaffe verband journal

I was wondering if this journal (Luftwaffe Verband) was worth subscribing to and if so, as according to the introductory letter posted on 'Bookies Focke Wulf Fw 190 Page' whether the fee still is US$30 and US$8 for airmail postage. In addition, once Barry has received payment, whether any sort of acknowledgement is sent (be it in the form of the previous copy of the journal or member's list, receipt, etc) and when is the journal printed/sent (as in have I just missed the last issue or if I pull my finger out will I be in time for the next issue and not have to wait for three months?)

Any comments on the journal would be most welcome. If this is not the appropriate forum for this topic then my apologies in advance.

Adam
Old 14th July 2005, 13:57
Super Moderator

John Beaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Luftwaffe verband journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
I was wondering if this journal (Luftwaffe Verband) was worth subscribing to and if so, as according to the introductory letter posted on 'Bookies Focke Wulf Fw 190 Page' whether the fee still is US$30 and US$8 for airmail postage. In addition, once Barry has received payment, whether any sort of acknowledgement is sent (be it in the form of the previous copy of the journal or member's list, receipt, etc) and when is the journal printed/sent (as in have I just missed the last issue or if I pull my finger out will I be in time for the next issue and not have to wait for three months?)
Adam
"worth subscribing to..." depends on what you are looking for. The journal has photos and articles with information not found in other places. Some of the most respected Luftwaffe historians and researchers are members and take part in the publication's articles and letters. If you are looking for modeling stuff and color schemes there are not any nor is that the journal's intention.

Once you pay you will receive all back issues for that current calendar year. I am not sure if the price remained at $30 or went to $35 for 2005. Perhaps someone can confirm which.