Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 29th March 2013, 11:57

Observer1940 is on a distinguished road
RR Merlin X, Carb Induction / Intake System info please and AP 1590E question?

Hello

I am interested in the 25 degrees Celsius temperature drop in the Merlin carburation system.

When I asked Rolls Royce if I could visit their Archives, they were un-cooperative regarding me visting their Archives some years ago, has anyone else had this experience?

Any R.R. technical releases Merlin X Carburettor / Carburation, the Induction and Supercharger system, amendment advice relating to Icing would be most appreciated?

I should like to purchase other slightly later edition scans (or 1940 with amendments), on the internet of AP 1590E, for the Merlin X?

I have some A.M. information, various AP 1522E Manual Amendments to fitters and the separate 1522E P.N. regarding Amended flying information to Pilots, including letters and demands made by Bomber Command in 1940 to 1941 after a decade of PRO / TNA research for my forthcoming book.

I have seen the info in Flight, which does not satisfy my research, thank you.

I have acquired official R.R. June 1941 Merlin X Manual Amendment, but it appears to have taken the Air Ministry some considerable time to issue the R.R. 1941 flying amendments to Whitley Pilots.

Regards Mark

Last edited by Observer1940; 29th March 2013 at 18:21. Reason: Acquired official Rolls Royce Merlin X Manual 1941 Amendment
Old 29th March 2013, 18:44
Alter Hase

Larry is on a distinguished road
Re: RR Merlin X, Carb Induction / Intake System info please and AP 1590E question?

Surely someone at IWM Duxford will know the answer?
Old 30th March 2013, 16:13

Observer1940 is on a distinguished road
Re: RR Merlin X, Carb Induction / Intake System info please and AP 1590E question?

Larry

Thanks for the suggestion, the Duxford IWM was where my research journey began about fifteen years ago and despite acquiring the odd copy from Lambeth, I never gave Duxford a thought recently and they ought to know as they fly historic aircraft.

There are some related subject files in the various TNA Series, still to be exhausted, which might contain an odd snippet of extra information.

I have found at least three different spellings for Carburettor in various countries!

Regards Mark