Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 22nd September 2010, 16:20
Alter Hase

Laurent Rizzotti is on a distinguished road
Soviet air losses against Poland in 1939

Hi all,

Still hesitating to post this in the Axis or Allied subforums. In September 1939, USSR was allied to Germany against Poland, but most of our Russian friends are active on the Allied part of the forum.

Anyway I post here: I would like to know if a list of Soviet aircraft losses (and aircrew) has been published for the 1939 campaign over Poland? And if the answere is yes, I would like to have a copy.

Thanks in advance
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:56

Recceswind is on a distinguished road
Re: Soviet air losses against Poland in 1939

There is no single list with all Soviet AF losses during war against Poland. It is believed that Russians lost 15 - 25 aircraft (in combat and in accidents). Less than 10 airmen were killed.
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:02

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point

More about this see my book "Czerwone gwaizdy - sojusznik czarnych krzyży nad Polską" printed in Poland in IX 2008, "Red Stars – Black Cross's Ally over Poland". Exactly 11 Soviet airmen were killed during operation over Poland in combat and non-combat actions. All thses names of airmen are in my book p. 169.

Regards,
Mirek Wawrzyński

http://www.kecay.com/mirek.htm
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:43
Alter Hase

Laurent Rizzotti is on a distinguished road

Hi Mirek,

Well, your book is exactly what I am searching, and not much expensive, but I should admit that I am rather limited in Polish language.

No plan to have it translated in English or French in an aviation magazine ? In France we have a lot of articles about Soviet air force by Russian historians that have been translated in this form (that is probably easier than a book). And I guess that this subject will interest as much readers than the Soviet Air Force actions in August 1945 against Japan (about which there were a row of articles last year).

Best regards

Laurent
Old 24th September 2010, 13:49

Hi
I do not think so! Maybe I am wrong, but this subject is not so popular as other ones concerning "Me 109 or Wester East Front". There were not many combats, a few, war was short, so nothing special.
So far text is only in Polish.
BTW in Poland there were edited several article (written by me) exactly about this war since 2004,

Regards
mw
Old 24th September 2010, 15:38
Super Moderator

John Beaman is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know Mirek; don't sell yourself short. Interesting subject for sure. For $13+- I would buy a copy of the Polish edition if it had a separately printed English supplement. Not sure how many copies you have printed, but rather than a "new" English language edition, a supplement might be worth thinking about.

Congratulations!
Old 26th September 2010, 16:16

Hi Jon
Thnaks for nice comments, I know that the book is value for money of course, but this project was dedicated for Polish reading customers, when a text structure would be changed (adding some next photos etc.) this book could be printed in foreign language, so far I have printed 2 other titles in English (Ju 87 in Foreign Service, and Captured Me 109) and books were sold, so maybe in the future I will returned to the idea of English version such title, who knows? :-)

Regards
mw