Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 20th July 2021, 11:20

Rolfeb is on a distinguished road
New Book 2./NAGr 13 and III./JG 76, IV.JG 53 in Donaueschingen

Hi All,

happy to announce the publishing of my new book regarding the units above.
Both units were based in Donaueschingen for some month and I tried to document their missions and losses during that time period bat also all details about their arrival until the units left.
In addition all details about the airfields Donaueschingen-Süd and Donaueschingen-Nord.
Book contains 184 pages and you can order via myself.

IT IS WRITTEN IN GERMAN, unit price is € 29.- , hard cover

Thank you to Nick Beale, Chris Goss and Larry de Zeng who supported me a lot.
Old 20th July 2021, 17:45

leonventer is on a distinguished road
Re: New Book 2./NAGr 13 and III./JG 76, IV.JG 53 in Donaueschingen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfeb View Post
happy to announce the publishing of my new book regarding the units above.
Book contains 184 pages and you can order via myself.
Hi Rolf,

Excellent news -- congratulations on your new book!

Please put me down for a copy. Do you accept PayPal? It makes international payments very convenient, and it allows sending money without any charge to the receiver.

Regards,
Leon Venter
Old 20th July 2021, 21:26

Me 109 K-4 is on a distinguished road

Hello Rolf

Excellent!
How can I purchase your Book?

Best Regards,
Matthias
Old 26th July 2021, 23:25
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

Here's one way.

https://www.christian-schmidt.com/pr...ducts_id=10919

Usual disclaimer,
Ed
Old 31st August 2021, 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 109 K-4 View Post
Hello Rolf

Excellent!
How can I purchase your Book?

Best Regards,
Matthias
Hi Matthias,

you can order it via Fachbuchhandlung Schmidt as Ed wrote but also via Explorate-Verlag, Sound-Verlag and of course I can sell it to you as well.
Thanks for asking and sorry for my late reply.
Best regards
Rolf
Old 1st September 2021, 08:42

Trendle will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: New Book 2./NAGr 13 and III./JG 76, IV.JG 53 in Donaueschingen

Dear Friends,
Last week I received a copy of the book from the hand of the author Rolf himself and read it through within 3 days. Big compliment!!! Researched very carefully and how we use to say in Germany - waterproof. An excellent study of local Military History which also includes the fighting in southwest Germany and eastern France from October 1944 until VE-Day. Never before has the history of the two airfields in Donaueschingen and Hüfingen (JG 53, JG 76, NAGr. 13) been researched even remotely as intensively as in this new work by Rolf Ebnet. Absolutely recommendable.

Greetings

Fred
Old 4th September 2021, 09:30

Fred,
thanks a lot for this great feed back/recension which is highly appriciated. Motovation me to go for new projects. Thanks again
Rolf
BTW, book is available at following online-book stores:
1. Fachbuchhandlung Schmidt, Munich; https://www.christian-schmidt.com/
2. Explorate-Verlag, Königsfeld; https://www.explorate-verlag.de/
3. Sound Verlag, Freising; https://www.sound-bm.com/
4. Berliner Zinnfiguren, Berlin; https://www.zinnfigur.com/

Best regards
Rolf
Old 4th September 2021, 23:04

leonventer is on a distinguished road

Just to add to what Fred Trendle said:

I agree that this is a very well-researched, high-quality publication. It's profusely and colorfully illustrated with photos of aircraft, personnel, aerial photographs, maps, and color profiles.

The book covers the history of three airfields in Southwest Germany (about 45km east of Freiburg), but it's much more than that. It also serves as an intimate unit history of both 2./NaGr 13 and III./JG 76 (which later became IV./JG 53), with many personal accounts, photo albums, correspondence, reproductions of Flugbücher and other documents, etc.

It consists of three main sections, each dedicated to one of the airfields, describing its development, units, and events:
- Villingen (12 pages): This airfield played a minor role in WWII.
- Donaueschingen-Nord, aka Bad Dürrheim or Donaueschingen (62 pages): Contains a concise history of 2./NaGr 13 and a daily account of the Staffel's operations from 4 Oct 44 to 8 Apr 45. Includes a detailed unit loss list.
- Hüfingen, aka Donaueschingen-Süd, Donaueschingen-Hüfingen, or Donaueschingen(!) (77 pages): Contains a short history of III./JG 76 and then describes its operations in detail from 3 Oct 44 to 14 Jan 1945, including the Gruppe's loss list for this period.

The appendices include:
- Coverage of the gravesites of many of the pilots who were based at these airfields.
- An in-depth look at the careers of two pilots, Hermann Strobel and Heinz Girnth.
- Lists of the many eyewitnesses who were interviewed, the personal and national archives that were consulted, as well as secondary sources.

I ordered my copy directly from the author -- it was very convenient because he accepts payment via PayPal.

Highly recommended!

Leon Venter

p.s. I have no association with Rolf Ebnet. I just hope he publishes many more books like this one.
Old 6th September 2021, 13:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonventer View Post
Just to add to what Fred Trendle said:

I agree that this is a very well-researched, high-quality publication. It's profusely and colorfully illustrated with photos of aircraft, personnel, aerial photographs, maps, and color profiles.

The book covers the history of three airfields in Southwest Germany (about 45km east of Freiburg), but it's much more than that. It also serves as an intimate unit history of both 2./NaGr 13 and III./JG 76 (which later became IV./JG 53), with many personal accounts, photo albums, correspondence, reproductions of Flugbücher and other documents, etc.

It consists of three main sections, each dedicated to one of the airfields, describing its development, units, and events:
- Villingen (12 pages): This airfield played a minor role in WWII.
- Donaueschingen-Nord, aka Bad Dürrheim or Donaueschingen (62 pages): Contains a concise history of 2./NaGr 13 and a daily account of the Staffel's operations from 4 Oct 44 to 8 Apr 45. Includes a detailed unit loss list.
- Hüfingen, aka Donaueschingen-Süd, Donaueschingen-Hüfingen, or Donaueschingen(!) (77 pages): Contains a short history of III./JG 76 and then describes its operations in detail from 3 Oct 44 to 14 Jan 1945, including the Gruppe's loss list for this period.

The appendices include:
- Coverage of the gravesites of many of the pilots who were based at these airfields.
- An in-depth look at the careers of two pilots, Hermann Strobel and Heinz Girnth.
- Lists of the many eyewitnesses who were interviewed, the personal and national archives that were consulted, as well as secondary sources.

I ordered my copy directly from the author -- it was very convenient because he accepts payment via PayPal.

Highly recommended!

Leon Venter

p.s. I have no association with Rolf Ebnet. I just hope he publishes many more books like this one.
Leon,

thank you very much for your great recension and also short description of the content. Goose bumps feeling.

Best regards
Rolf
Old 6th December 2021, 13:47

Hi All,

from a happy reader of my book Ireceived some info regarding the coloring of the different Staffeln of NAGr 13. Based on his info (source BAMA Freiburg) the numbers of first Staffel were white, second Staffel black and third Staffel yellow.
I mention this because in my book there is displayed the "red 7". This because I am in posession of a letter which was written by a pilot and he mention his "Red 7" in this letter.
Best regards
Rolf