Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 29th May 2019, 19:06

CJLowery is on a distinguished road
New Book on SS General Hans Kammler

Hello everyone,

I would like to tell you about a new book i have co-authored on SS General Hans Kammler, who at the end of WW2 became a powerful figure in the Luftwaffe as well as rising to the position of supreme commander of all Germany's secret weapons projects which included the V-1 missile, V-2 rocket and jet fighter programmes. At the end of the War Kammler mysteriously vanished.

The book has taken many years to research and write and is based entirely on archive documents, including some documents released to the authors from US intelligence agencies under the Freedom of Information Act.

The Hidden Nazi: The Untold Story of America's Deal with the Devil by Dean Reuter, Colm Lowery and Keith Chester is published by Regnery History and details the decades long search for the truth about SS General Hans Kammler's disappearance at the end of World War Two.

Dean Reuter is General Counsel of the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy and a fellow at the National Security Institute at George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School. He was appointed by the former US president and is the editor of Liberty’s Nemesis: The Unchecked Expansion of the State and Confronting Terror: 9/11 and the Future of American National Security.

The Hidden Nazi book description

He’s the worst Nazi war criminal you’ve never heard of

Sidekick to SS Chief Heinrich Himmler and supervisor of Nazi rocket scientist Wernher von Braun, General Hans Kammler was responsible for the construction of Hitler’s slave labor sites and concentration camps. He personally altered the design of Auschwitz to increase crowding, ensuring that epidemic diseases would complement the work of the gas chambers.

Why has the world forgotten this monster? Kammler was declared dead after the war. But the aide who testified to Kammler’s supposed “suicide” never produced the general’s dog tags or any other proof of death.

Dean Reuter, Colm Lowery, and Keith Chester have spent decades on the trail of the elusive Kammler, uncovering documents unseen since the 1940s and visiting the purported site of Kammler’s death, now in the Czech Republic.

Their astonishing discovery: US government documents prove that Hans Kammler was in American custody for months after the war—well after his officially declared suicide.

And what happened to him after that? Kammler was kept out of public view, never indicted or tried, but to what end? Did he cooperate with Nuremberg prosecutors investigating Nazi war crimes? Was he protected so the United States could benefit from his intimate knowledge of the Nazi rocket program and Germany’s secret weapons?

The Hidden Nazi is true history more harrowing—and shocking—than the most thrilling fiction.

The book is now available for order on Amazon. Thanks for taking the time to read.

All the best,
Colm

https://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Nazi-U...gateway&sr=8-1
Old 30th May 2019, 01:26
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Re: New Book on SS General Hans Kammler

Hello,

I have reason to believe that General Kammler and others were involved in an exchange that included their freedom for secrets that are as yet undisclosed. There are other examples where a person's intelligence value was the deciding factor in shielding them from prosecution. The United States had emerged as the number one world power after the war and has kept it that way.

Regards,
Ed
Old 8th June 2019, 20:13
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

No doubt, Ed. I know with near certainty that the CIA is still holding boxes of intelligence documents from that 1945-50 period that are exempt under the Freedom of Information Act and may never see the light of day.

L.
Old 9th June 2019, 00:00

ghostwriter is on a distinguished road
Post Re: New Book on SS General Hans Kammler

i'm curious!?

reading english isn't too much of a problem ...
but will it also appear in german?

thank you
ghostwriter
Old 22nd June 2019, 16:55

CJLowery is on a distinguished road

1. Advance praise for The Hidden Nazi from Pulitzer Prize Finalist, author and historian Arthur Herman:
It’s strange that no one has yet written a biography of SS General Hans Kammler, one of the brutal masterminds of the German military-industrial complex and the Holocaust. But when you read ‘The Hidden Nazi’ you will realize that until now no one had the knowledge, persistence, and sheer nerve that the authors brought to the job of unlocking the multiple mysteries surrounding this evil genius of the Third Reich.

It’s a story where Schindler’s List meets Doctor Strangelove. Read it, be amazed and shocked by what Kammler did, and outraged by how he escaped final justice; but above all read ‘The Hidden Nazi.’

Arthur Herman, Pulitzer Prize Finalist, historian and author of:
Gandhi & Churchill: The Epic Rivalry that Destroyed an Empire and Forged Our Age.
1917: Lenin, Wilson, and the Birth of the New World Disorder.
Freedom's Forge: How American Business Produced Victory in World War II.
To Rule the Waves: How the British Navy Shaped the Modern World
Douglas MacArthur: American Warrior

2. Advance praise for The Hidden Nazi from award-winning, NYT bestselling author James Swanson:
Werner von Braun called him “The greatest rogue and adventurer I have ever seen.” Albert Speer damned him as “One of Himmler’s most brutal and most ruthless henchmen.” He engineered the Holocaust, built the concentration camps and perfected the gas chambers and crematoria. He pioneered slave labor, and masterminded rocket, fighter jet and secret, wonder weapon production. And at the end of W.W. II, he vanished without a trace. Enigmatic SS General Hans Kammler is the most diabolic Nazi you’ve never heard of.

Dean Reuter takes readers on a gripping, exciting and suspenseful hunt in search of the mysterious war criminal. The Hidden Nazi is a fascinating forensic detective story that reads like a great crime thriller. Did Kammler fake his death and survive the war? How did he escape justice? Did America strike a deal with the devil in exchange for his secrets?

Splendidly written with verve and expertise, The Hidden Nazi is storytelling at its best.

Dean Reuter combines superb narrative history with a riveting personal memoir of his harrowing psychological journey into Hans Kammler’s heart of darkness.

JAMES L. SWANSON, Edgar Award-winning, New York Times bestselling author of Manhunt: The 12 Day Chase for Lincoln’s Killer.

Available now for pre-order on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Nazi-U...gateway&sr=8-1