Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 22nd November 2009, 18:44
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road
Re: Hans Philipp Bf109E-3 on eBay

Hi Thenelm!

This is great! Same plane, same place, same guys and suddenly it's not a "White 1" but a White 9! Where the hell the White 1 gone? In history limbo? Somewhere between the page 154 and 155?
Are you the first to notice that thenelm or did you see any other comments elsewhere? hence:
1/ The importance of "original picture" term.
2/ The way the pictures are cropped in publications (for convenience?).
3/ The good face of a forum!
Thanks thenelm.
Regards,
Franck.
Old 23rd January 2010, 07:35
Alter Hase

Hello All,
'Think it's time to go back to this plane.
1/ Number 1 position.
Could be "1X" as said before, but could be "1" alone. See, for example, the pictures I did put in attachment and for those who have access to Falcon's site see Foto-ID 3695(Privat).
2/ Stfkpt and Number 1.
Using the Kracker list, I extracted, between more than 18000 datas, all the pilots who are said to have flown on a Bf109 and whose Bf109 are registered (in the Kracker list) by either a WNr., a Code Number, a Sktz, a WNr. + code Number, a Code number + Sktz, a WNr. + Sktz and WNr.+Code Number+Sktz. (Hope it's clear). I got a final list of 2716 Pilots having flown 3313 planes!
Between these:
- I found 295 Stfkpt with their respective planes having the charateristics described above.
-Among these 295 Pilot/plane 99 wears a Number Code 1(Blue, green, white, yellow, brown, black).
- For 78 no code number given.
- For 118 the code number isn't "1".
- And you can add 125 Pilot/plane for which a Code Number 1 is given without Stfkpt mention.
Personnaly I think that those Stfkpt having displayed a Number 1 are in large minority.
3/ Mr. Mombeeck picture:
Studying camouflage patches and other details I've shown elsewhere that the plane pictured in Mr. Mombeeck book and the one found on eBay are the same plane. Perhaps I've been a little bit rude and sarchastic with his caption (I'm sorry Mr. Mombeeck, I apologise) but as one of our forum friend wrote me, there is no obvious reason for him to have put a wrong Pilot's name in his caption. Perhaps just concerning the code number.
4/ Thenhelm picture.
I was, and still am, surprised no one dare to add comments concerning this picture showing a little bit wider part of a well known picture which is always captionned as "White 1". Obviously, now, it's not! Thenelm added that a "White 9" made sense considering following Philipp's plane. I should add, today, that a "White 10" makes more sense considering the points 1, 2, and 3, I developped in the present post. (If two numbers on code.)

I suppose - since I have no picture of it - Philipp flew a White 1, since all sources tend to agree with that. I'll be glad to see a picture showing clearly this "White 1". If not, This plane can be the VERY Philipp's "White 1" or a Philipp's "White 10"... of course as Stfkpt! (See point 1 of this post). And, of course, I didn't say that eBay/Mombeeck plane and Thenelm one are the same.

Regards,
Franck.

Last edited by ouidjat; 30th January 2011 at 10:15.
Old 25th January 2010, 07:04

Bertrand H is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Franck,

very interesting cases and possibilities of this Hans Philipp's 109 !

Nice prints attached ! Is there a relation between this a/c on a beach and a date ?

Sincerely

bertrand
Old 26th January 2010, 10:11
Alter Hase

Hello Bertrand,
No, I found nothing for the moment concerning this beached Bf109.
Regards, Franck.
Old 14th September 2013, 21:12

KrisJG3 is on a distinguished road

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ATt7lY-eBm...leutnant01.jpg
http://pomorze1945.com/?co=&lang=EN
Huball25@poczta.fm

http://www.en.truthaboutcamps.eu
http://auschwitz.org/en/

Team of SS KL Auschwitz:
http://pamiec.pl/pa/form/60,Zaloga-SS-KL-Auschwitz.html