Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 15th December 2009, 22:50

IgorSamarsky is on a distinguished road
JG-52 in territory of Russia and Ukraine

"Unfortunately I did not read this book - Adolf Dickfeld "Footsteps of the Hunter" . Is not present in Russian. However, I ask to help me for inform, of everyone who read. I writing film-script about Pilots of JG-52. It is interesting to me to know - the attitude pilots among themselves on the ground, their attitude to marshal Goering and their attitude to Russian population in grasped by Germans of Russian and Ukrainian territory. Who can inform on the facts of friendship or against - an atrocity in relation to Russian population from pilots of Luftwaffe - I ask to contact to address of: iusamarsky@mail.ru"
Old 16th December 2009, 10:26
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: JG-52 in territory of Russia and Ukraine

IGOR,
Hello! I read this book a long time ago and did not like it...too "overall" and going nowhere...not so many details as it should have had, not so many "action". I disliked it. I can check it out for you what you are looking for, but it will take some time. Please send me an e-mail, this way I can remember near Christmas to have a look for you on the book itself, ok? All the best.
I suggest the book STUKA Pilot by Hans-Ulrich Rudel that deals with friendship with Russian peasants.
Yours
Adriano Baumgartner
PS: By the way, you are entering a very delicate subject: atrocity against Russian civilians by LW or WH troops; as well atrocities FROM Russians towards LW troops and Whermacht troops...So many things were done from both sides that ( my guess ) NO ONE can put them on balance or judge them today...some men were ordered to do ( a do or die case ); some take pleasure...life has to go on..the past is buried...it will be a delicate subject to dig this subject out now.
Old 16th December 2009, 15:35

Thanks for the answer. I should explain my position.
It is not interesting to me to know about destruction of Jews by armies of SS. It is known. It is necessary for me to know, the truth about the attitude of armies Wehrmaht, Luftwaffe, to the population of Russia and Ukraine, in the grasped territory during the different periods of war. (from 1941 up to 1944).
Our Russian veterans, in the they memoirs, do not write the truth. They are inclined to dramatize all. I am compelled to extract the truth on small particles. I understand, that for person - living in Germany is inconvenient for speaking about it. But there is a concept - " freedom of word". And the person must to speak truth. That he thinking. I concern in these type of people.
In Luftwaffe as it seems to me, there was " a code abuse " , which was born during time of the First World war. Pilots could shoot each other in air. On the contrary, on the ground they could be friends.
I think, that this "code" was actual and during the Second World War.
I do not trust, that pilots of Luftwaffe could have a good time on the ground - to shoot Russian population or to force girls.
I have some facts opposite - friendship and the help from German soldiers ( no SS ), to Russian population. However, it is interesting to me know all, full truth.
I writing script about life of Erich Hartmann ( for play film ). He is the person - who has unique destiny.
Source I have only one - the book of two Englishmen " the Blond knight of the Reich ". In it there is only one episode, when Hartmann has rescueed Russian village from soldiers SS.
I am assured, are many facts, where simple soldiers of Wehrmaht, helped Russian population. I am assured - pilots of Luftwaffe were not monsters. Help me to be convinced of it.
Concerning atrocities of Russian in territory of Germany, at us about it speak openly. It was. While Stalin has not ordered to stop it , and executed some hundreds fighters for rape of German women.
Therefore, if who in Germany does not like to speak the truth, it is a problem of this person. Only. Of course - a theme not convenient. However, everyone can decide itself - to speak the truth or silently to sit in a corner.
Old 16th December 2009, 15:44

O Sorry, Adriano.
Forget to answer. Of course, please give me any infoe about Rudel and ithers pilots, who has relationship with russian-ukrainian population. Any facts.
Please write me to: iusamarsky@gmail.com or to any my site address www.dolphin.in.ua
Old 18th December 2009, 07:13

Personal thanks Christer Bergstrem,
for the reference to the book "Graf&Grislawski". I have translated its critic in Russian. However, I can notice - here is research victories of these pilots and the analysis of air fights more.
One important episode - Hartmannn and Graff in the beginning of the attitudes - many times swore. It has been connected with individual character of Hartmann. The fact - pilots among themselves had competition and some degree of envy to skill opponent. Later this envy turned to friendship. Unfortunately I have not found data on attitudes of pilots to the attendants among, whom there were Russian and Ukrainians.
The valuable remark - in group Karajja JG-52 was absent discipline. It is connected with characters of pilots? They drank alcohol? How the heads concerned to it?
It is not enough info, but some data - are useful.
In any case - I am grateful.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:44
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough

I suggest another book - an excellent and realistic one in my eyes - The War Diary of Hauptmann Helmut Lipfert: JG 52 on the Russian Front 1943-45, by Helmut Lipfert (Schiffer Publ.).
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:08
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

Dénes Bernád put it correctly, "The War Diary of Hptm Helmut Lipfert" is ONE of the BEST books I ever read about the air war ( 1st person ) over ther Eastern Front...You will, IGOR really enjoy the reading.
Well done Dénes! Very good suggestion indeed.
Adriano
Old 4th January 2010, 20:49

Hi Adriano. Thank's fr replay.
Can you give to me link for this book-text in Internet ?
Old 5th January 2010, 07:42

Maxim1 is on a distinguished road

http://lib.aldebaran.ru/author/lipfe...na_lyuftvaffe/

Правда, кое-какие эпизоды показаны несколько тенденциозно. Но это мемуары...
Old 5th January 2010, 07:47

philippe1 is on a distinguished road

hello Igor,
maybe this helps,
i have been told by my old relatives who survived the war that at least at the start of WWII the german army treated the civilians correctly.
and even misbehavour against civilians those soldiers were punished.
On certain occasions food were given to locals but when war advanced they had to deal with partizans,sabotage etc and this had an influence on them in later war.
I have seen a documentary about war in east, krieg im osten
they have told that russians dressed in german uniforms burned down small russian villages but let survive only a few ones so that they could tell that it were germans who did all this...

in one way the russian ordinary people were happy to have the germans there it went even so far that lots of russians and even Kozaks joined the german army to fight against Stalins dictatorship.
for example you had the famous 15 th cavalery who where build up by 2 units of Kozaks.
even a russian captured general jioned the german forces.
I think its in every war you have good ones and bad ones..
I have even heard that russian soldiers started in a group of 2 soldiers with one rifle and that in case the first one get killed the second had to pick up his rifle ond continu to fight...
hope this might be of any help
regards
phil

Tags
galland, hartmann, jg-52, luftwaffe