Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 1st June 2022, 13:19

richdlc will become famous soon enough
Re: Market research - 'Most Wanted' Luftwaffe books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dénes Bernád View Post
Is there any measurable interest in non-German European Axis allies aircraft and aviation (Hungary, Rumania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Croatia)?
yes! That's something I am actively looking to publish books on Denes, perhaps drop me a line about it.
Old 1st June 2022, 15:11

Peter Kassak is on a distinguished road

Guys,
I will hopefully fill up the gap regarding the ZG 76 history (at least 1943-45) one day. And maybethe earlier era (first installment as well) with help of other research(s).

but I agree that SG units needs come coverage. As well as ZG 26 late war era and possibly detailed ZG 1 history with tons of texts?

also: Zerstorer Research Work Group,
"Geschichte des Zerstörergeschwader 76"
Old 1st June 2022, 15:41

SteveR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Manrho View Post

Concerning JG 6 I will try to fill that void....:-)

John
The line to purchase it forms behind me... :-)
Old 1st June 2022, 15:43

SteveR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Kassak View Post
Guys,
I will hopefully fill up the gap regarding the ZG 76 history (at least 1943-45) one day. And maybethe earlier era (first installment as well) with help of other research(s).
I'll start the line to purchase this as well. :-)
Old 1st June 2022, 16:10
Alter Hase

Jukka Juutinen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Is there any measurable interest in non-German European Axis allies aircraft and aviation (Hungary, Rumania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Croatia)?
Yes, as long as the style is not just a combat chronicle ("On date xxxx y number of fighters engaged z number of enemies claiming n victories").
Old 1st June 2022, 16:23

Peter Kassak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukka Juutinen View Post
Yes, as long as the style is not just a combat chronicle ("On date xxxx y number of fighters engaged z number of enemies claiming n victories").
aaand what else should be included? marriage status of pilots, their kids grades at school? or the mechanics obvious undiscipline habbit giving 0,5 bar higher pressure in the tyres (LOL)?

Are you aware that 99.9%of men involved in the WWII combats are not with us anymore? Also for those units that histories were NOT published yet, there is most probably a reason of it in a lacking archival materials and primary sources. So it is extremely hard to find some bits and pieces to put together even combat history, not speaking of something (not specified yet) what interests you to spice up the text... can you be more specific and help us "authors" to correct the "lines of the pen"?

also: Zerstorer Research Work Group,
"Geschichte des Zerstörergeschwader 76"
Old 1st June 2022, 16:38

Orwell1984 is on a distinguished road

For me, my interests are in the more overlooked areas (in English anyway).
I second Dénes Bernád suggestions as well with the inclusion of books on Italian subjects as well.
More books on thereconnaissance units (HS126 use in 1940 would be a dream title) and transport units.
As to types, looking forward to your announced He115 title. Also be interested in a Hs126 title, Fw189 or a Bv138 title.
Old 1st June 2022, 16:46
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
The 30th Anniversary edition of your book "Horrido"?
Old 1st June 2022, 17:07
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough

Hi Nick, indeed, this year is the 30th anniversary of my first book, called Horrido. However, if it were reissued, it must have a separate volume for every air force that I tried to cover in that slim book. Luckily, time that has passed since then brought - back then unimaginable - wealth of information and photomatériel, so everything is now available in my workroom. The 50th anniversary edition, perhaps (if I still will be alive)?
Old 1st June 2022, 17:57

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
Unit histories, as detailed as possible, especially for units for which there is no unit history.
...that's most of them (not counting German-language books). JG 53/JG 300 and JG 4 have been covered in English of course. I'm not including the three-part Classic softback on JG 1. Softbacks are not 'real' books. Only a couple of Jochen's JG 3 books have made it into English. If Erik (Mombeeck) can't sell more than a couple of hundred copies of a JG 2 history (which includes the Battle of Britain) - not enough to finance any further volumes- what chance is there of seeing any of the other units? Big unit histories don't sell. JG 300 apparently (allegedly) sold so few copies the authors received little in the way of royalties (or hadn't when I published an interview with Lorant in 2018, some thirteen years after publication) 'Little' unit histories don't sell either if Osprey's schedule is anything to go by..sad to say it strikes me that much of this five-page thread is just wishful thinking. I think it's a certainty that no publisher will ever produce the 'Hs 126 in 1940' in hardback....although Rabeder might perhaps do something on Nahaufklärung...or even 4.(F)/123 ..but that last 'title' is 109s again.