Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 17th June 2020, 20:11
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: In General, What is Everyone Doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13starsinax View Post
This thread is a very nice look into why so many are interested in this hobby, and refreshing to see people speaking passionately about what drives them to find the next answer.

Very impressive bunch of knowledgeable members, and I appreciate all the help and guidance to further my base.
I like details about the airfields, and which units were present. If I acquire a plane part, and the seller is giving honest information pertaining to location, it can lead to lots of great context.
Thank you all.
Go here:

http://www.ww2.dk/lwairfields.html

//deZeng//
Old 18th June 2020, 02:32

13starsinax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry deZeng View Post
Thank you,

I really use that site more than anywhere else. If you have the location, you can drop pins on google earth. It is amazing how many of the airfields can be seen, and some are wiped from the earth.

I am trying to learn how to look up werk numbers, and individual part numbers faster. That has been a really hard process for me so far.
Old 22nd July 2020, 22:07

sgeorges4 is on a distinguished road

Currently working on my hungarian what if bf 109 F3 using eduard F2 ,my captured arado ar 234 with magirus ,my lippish P13 from revell.... I got way too much kit to finnish
Old 6th August 2020, 13:06

Peter Kassak is on a distinguished road

Long not posting here
Sooo, I restarted my research on ZG 76 second installment 1943-45 which I intend to finish by publication.
Beside that finishing book describing 26.6.1944 combats over Europe (15th ussaf, 8.AF shuttle mission) and also continuing research on Konrad and Sudwind air activities...

Anyone has any interesting details to add? please contact me...

also: Zerstorer Research Work Group,
"Geschichte des Zerstörergeschwader 76"
Old 17th December 2020, 16:06

Barrett is on a distinguished road

I've been MIA for too long and am reminded what an excellent resource this is...

There was early reference to the um seniority of most of us. Undoubtedly we have much in common from our early years (creak) when Martin Caidin and EP Hoyt were accepted as historians. But as the audience (read: we) matured, many of us desired more in-depth and more authoritative material, and the market responded.

Currently I'm finishing a 1945 volume for Bloomsbury-Osprey and hoping to find a publisher for the 2nd edition of my 2002 Smithsonian Press (ugh) volume on the aviation Medals of Honor. There have been three retroactive awards since then, all Vietnam helo guys.