Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 16th August 2006, 12:38

Vlad Antipov is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Forthcoming book - Dragons on Bird Wings A Combat History of the 812th"Sevastopol"IAP

Hello!

I understand that the Finnish friends want to read about the site of Finnish front.
Among my colleagues there are two enthusiasts which write the monography about 27 "Vyborgskiy" GIAP (ex 123IAP) one son from them HSU G.N.Zhidov
Unfortunately I do not know in what stage there is their work.

I and my friend Igor Utkin further we plan to work above a history 134GBAP, 10ORAP, 108GShAP and certainly on the first place of a regiments from structure 3IAK. as I spoke earlier on 80 percents books about 291 and 402IAP are ready.(100000 words and 200 photos)
But unfortunately I do not know when it will be printed.

I hope that all this will be carried out in an interval of 10-15 years.
All depends on that as the reader will accept the new book and as sales will be carried out.
I hope that my publisher will not be afflicted with it, and will speak - give me more, more, more

Regards
Vlad
Old 16th August 2006, 22:46
Alter Hase

Juha is on a distinguished road
Re: Forthcoming book - Dragons on Bird Wings A Combat History of the 812th"Sevastopol"IAP

Hello Vlad
as I wrote before I'll probably buy a copy of Your book. Besides that I expect that I'll get an interesting unit history I also expect that I'll learn a lot more on Kuban air battles from Your book!
Old 16th August 2006, 23:24

Andy Fletcher
Re: Forthcoming book - Dragons on Bird Wings A Combat History of the 812th"Sevastopol"IAP

Hi Vlad,

I'm looking forward to this book too, especially the section on the Kuban air battles.

Keep up the good work

Best Regards

Andy Fletcher
Old 16th August 2006, 23:56
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough

Hello Vlad,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Antipov

The book contains many appendices
Including -
Pilot losses(...)

Is it possible to also include aircraft losses, not only pilot losses? It's a huge difference! I know that such very precise matériel loss lists do exist in the Russian archives.
Such comprehensive aircraft losses will help us determine how accurate air victory claims were, on both sides. I am afraid pilot losses only are not enough.

Quote:
Denes, in the separate chapter I have touched theme Hs.129 and I think you as the expert in this plane will find interesting moments, as well as all victories of pilots above Hs.129.

Certainly, I am looking forward to reading about Hs 129 victory claims. Based on my research very few losses were due to fighters, as most combat losses were inflicted by flak and ground fire.

Quote:
The publisher has told me that prepares Internet page on which there will be an opportunity to order the book.
I will certainly order a copy, when available.
Old 17th August 2006, 00:34

marsyao

I will order a copy too, vlad, please let us know as soon as your book is available on the market
Old 17th August 2006, 14:26

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road

Congratulations, Vlad! I'm sure this will be a great book, and I'll preorder a copy as soon as the publisher gives us a contact address.

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/
Old 5th October 2006, 07:08

marsyao

from stone & stone, this book would come out in this month
Old 14th October 2006, 21:50
Alter Hase

Frank Olynyk is on a distinguished road

This book is now available. I obtained my copy from Aviation World, in Toronto (http://www.aviationworld.net/Default.asp?c=143019). I could not find it on their website, but I phoned them to ask about another book, and since this is published in Canada, asked them about it as well. Softcover, slick paper, 8.5 by 11 inches, x+150 pages. This is volume one, covering the period July 1942 to mid-May 1944. Many photographs, well reproduced, including examples of original Soviet documents. Highly recommended. I look forward to Volume 2 to complete the history.

Frank.
Old 15th October 2006, 04:14

marsyao

Frank, this book has not been listed on this web site, do I have to call them to place an order ?
Old 15th October 2006, 05:59
Alter Hase

Frank Olynyk is on a distinguished road

Marsyao,

You may have to phone them. They have an 800 number, good for a free call anywhere from North America. You can also email them; their email address is listed on the website, and the "Contact Us" page has an email form. I would assume it will be listed on their website eventually.

Enjoy!

Frank.