Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 30th May 2018, 11:38

Blueberry is on a distinguished road
Luftnachrichtenschule 2

Hello,
Hello,
I'm a newcomer, and I need to ask you about the luftwaffe unit that worked for the war in our city. It is the Luftnachrichtenschule 2, which was based in Hradec kralove (Königgrätz) and partly in my town of Nachod. Does not anyone have any information about LNS 2 to share. Thank you.

Best regards

Blueberry
Old 30th May 2018, 20:25
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: Luftnachrichtenschule 2

Königgrätz: between 25 July and the end of August 1944, Ln.-Schule 2's companies (Kompanien) were disbanded one-by-one and all 2,000 students reassigned to the Fallschirmjäger. (ADI(K) 553/44)

There are bits and pieces about the school here and there in the primary and secondary material. To begin, you might want to see this book, especially Band II:

Carlsen, Sven and Michael Meyer. Die Flugzeugführer-Ausbildung der Deutschen Luftwaffe 1935-1945 [German Air Force Pilot Training 1935-1945]. Zweibrücken: VDM Heinz Nickel Verlag:
Band I: Von der Grundausbildung bis zur Blindflugschule [From Elementary Training to Instrument Flight School] (1998). ISBN: 3-925480-29-3. Hb (laminated cover). 496p. Profusely illus. (incl. color photos). Charts and tables.
Band II: Fliegerwaffenschulen und Ergänzungsgruppen [Aviation Combat Schools and Replacement Groups] (2000). ISBN: 3-925480-34-x. Hb (laminated cover). 576p. Profusely illus. (incl. color photos). Tables.

L.
Old 2nd June 2018, 14:31

Blueberry is on a distinguished road

Hello,
thank you so much for your information about LNS 2 v Königgrätz. Unfortunately, I do not have this book. There is nowhere even a free download. I would like to ask you very much if you would like to scan the pages (about LNS 2) from this book, please. I'm interested in local history and you would help me a lot. In return, I could send you some information about the Josefstad and Studnitz airfields that are close to me. Contribution to your study about Arfields of Luftwaffe during WWII.
Best regards
Old 2nd June 2018, 15:56
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Hi Blueberry,

Unfortunately, I can't do scans. Here is what I suggest:

Have you ever heard of interlibrary loan? You go to your local library and ask them if you can make an interlibrary loan request for Band 1 of this book. [I previously told you Band 2, but that is not correct. LNS 2 Königgrätz is covered in Band 1, pages 448-50 and 455-62. There is a little bit of text followed by 10 large photos.]

I am afraid that's the best I can do. Good Luck!

L.
Old 2nd June 2018, 16:04
Alter Hase

Hi Blueberry,

Unfortunately, I can't do scans. Here is what I suggest:

Have you ever heard of interlibrary loan? You go to your local library and ask them if you can make an interlibrary loan request for Band 1 of this book. [I previously told you Band 2, but that is not correct. LNS 2 Königgrätz is covered in Band 1, pages 448-50 and 455-62. There is a little bit of text followed by 10 large photos.]

I am afraid that's the best I can do. Good Luck!

L.

Tags
luftnachrichtenschule 2