Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 7th April 2020, 18:07
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Re: Blitz Bombers - Kampfgeschwader 76 and the Arado 234

Thank you Nick.

Ed
Old 8th April 2020, 15:15

richdlc will become famous soon enough

thanks for the posts guys!

OK - here is what I have been posting on other forums - head over to my website if you want to pre-order the book.

Hi guys - it give me great pleasure to announce that I am now taking pre-orders for Chandos Publications' second title 'Blitz Bombers, Kampfgeschwader 76 and the Arado Ar234: Luftwaffe Jet Bombers on the Western Front 1944-1945' by Eddie J. Creek and Robert Forsyth.
Please head on over to my website to place your pre-order. I expect to take delivery towards the end of June but PLEASE allow for COVID-19 related delays! I have been assured that our printers are operating normally.

www.chandospublications.co.uk

If you are a US or Canada-based customer and prefer to order from our US distributor, please visit RZM imports here:

https://www.rzm.com/books/chp/chp6518.cfm

Many thanks and I hope to take your pre-orders soon!
Rich

Here's the product Description:

This is the first time that the story of the Arado Ar234 as the world’s first dedicated jet-bomber has been told in such detail in the English language. In late December 1944 the Luftwaffe surprised the Allies when it unexpectedly introduced a new, high-speed bomber to its inventory. Though deployed in small numbers, the Arado Ar234B-2 jet-bomber proved itself an effective day and night strike aircraft over the Western Front and a tough challenge for Allied fighter pilots who tried to counter it. Powered by the same Jumo 004 turbojets as the Me262, the Ar234 could attack pinpoint targets such as transport hubs or enemy vehicle columns and troop assemblies in ‘glide attacks’ with a high degree of impunity. The jets were flown by experienced and often highly decorated Luftwaffe bomber pilots who worked hard to master the new aircraft in a short time and amidst the chaotic conditions of a Third Reich in decline. ‘Blitz Bombers’ tells the story of KG76’s operations when equipped with what was the world’s first jet bomber, the Arado Ar234B-2. The book is founded on original unit diaries, reports and other records, as well as various German and Allied material drawn from archives and private collections gathered over many years. It traces KG76’s period working up on the aircraft and its subsequent combat operations over the Western Front from December 1944 through to the end of the war. The Geschwader’s jets took part in operations over the Ardennes, in the ill-fated Bodenplatte attack of New Year’s Day 1945, in missions against the Allied armies driving into the Reich in early 1945, and in a series of intensive strikes against the Ludendorff bridge at Remagen and the bridgehead established there by the Allies in March 1945. Following many years research, the book includes nearly 300 illustrations, comprised of rare photographs of KG76’s aircraft, personnel and equipment, as well as the Allied aircraft and pilots who encountered the Arados in combat, plus key documents taken from the unit’s records. These are supplemented by specially commissioned and highly detailed colour artwork depicting the unit’s aircraft.
Old 8th April 2020, 21:53

Schlageter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdlc View Post
thanks for the posts guys!

OK - here is what I have been posting on other forums - head over to my website if you want to pre-order the book.

Hi guys - it give me great pleasure to announce that I am now taking pre-orders for Chandos Publications' second title 'Blitz Bombers, Kampfgeschwader 76 and the Arado Ar234: Luftwaffe Jet Bombers on the Western Front 1944-1945' by Eddie J. Creek and Robert Forsyth.
Please head on over to my website to place your pre-order. I expect to take delivery towards the end of June but PLEASE allow for COVID-19 related delays! I have been assured that our printers are operating normally.

If you are a US or Canada-based customer and prefer to order from our US distributor, please visit RZM imports here:

Rich

This is the first time that the story of the Arado Ar234 as the world’s first dedicated jet-bomber has been told in such detail in the English language. In late December 1944 the Luftwaffe surprised the Allies when it unexpectedly introduced a new, high-speed bomber to its inventory. Though deployed in small numbers, the Arado Ar234B-2 jet-bomber proved itself an effective day and night strike aircraft over the Western Front and a tough challenge for Allied fighter pilots who tried to counter it. Powered by the same Jumo 004 turbojets as the Me262, the Ar234 could attack pinpoint targets such as transport hubs or enemy vehicle columns and troop assemblies in ‘glide attacks’ with a high degree of impunity. The jets were flown by experienced and often highly decorated Luftwaffe bomber pilots who worked hard to master the new aircraft in a short time and amidst the chaotic conditions of a Third Reich in decline. ‘Blitz Bombers’ tells the story of KG76’s operations when equipped with what was the world’s first jet bomber, the Arado Ar234B-2. The book is founded on original unit diaries, reports and other records, as well as various German and Allied material drawn from archives and private collections gathered over many years. It traces KG76’s period working up on the aircraft and its subsequent combat operations over the Western Front from December 1944 through to the end of the war. The Geschwader’s jets took part in operations over the Ardennes, in the ill-fated Bodenplatte attack of New Year’s Day 1945, in missions against the Allied armies driving into the Reich in early 1945, and in a series of intensive strikes against the Ludendorff bridge at Remagen and the bridgehead established there by the Allies in March 1945. Following many years research, the book includes nearly 300 illustrations, comprised of rare photographs of KG76’s aircraft, personnel and equipment, as well as the Allied aircraft and pilots who encountered the Arados in combat, plus key documents taken from the unit’s records. These are supplemented by specially commissioned and highly detailed colour artwork depicting the unit’s aircraft.

May I ask if the book also contains some information regarding the use of Me262 for recon duties by Stab/KG76?
Old 9th April 2020, 00:27

Hi - no, nothing significant on the Me 262 although it gets a few mentions
Old 9th April 2020, 01:20
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlageter View Post
May I ask if the book also contains some information regarding the use of Me262 for recon duties by Stab/KG76?
Speaking personally, I'd love to have found some clear evidence for that when I was researching Me 262 reconnaissance operations.
Old 10th April 2020, 11:46

Re: Blitz Bombers - Kampfgeschwader 76 and the Arado Ar 234, Luftwaffe Jet Bombers on the Western Front 1944-1945

Hi guys - it give me great pleasure to announce that I am now taking pre-orders for Chandos Publications' second title 'Blitz Bombers, Kampfgeschwader 76 and the Arado Ar 234: Luftwaffe Jet Bombers on the Western Front 1944-1945' by Eddie J. Creek and Robert Forsyth. (RRP £50, Postage: £4.00 UK, £14 Europe, £20 USA & Canada, £21 ROW)
Aimed at aviation fans (and model makers) in general and Luftwaffe aficionados in particular.

Rich

This is the first time that the story of the Arado Ar 234 as the world’s first dedicated jet-bomber has been told in such detail in the English language. In late December 1944 the Luftwaffe surprised the Allies when it unexpectedly introduced a new, high-speed bomber to its inventory. Though deployed in small numbers, the Arado Ar 234 B-2 jet-bomber proved itself an effective day and night strike aircraft over the Western Front and a tough challenge for Allied fighter pilots who tried to counter it. Powered by the same Jumo 004 turbojets as the Me 262, the Ar 234 could attack pinpoint targets such as transport hubs or enemy vehicle columns and troop assemblies in ‘glide attacks’ with a high degree of impunity. The jets were flown by experienced and often highly decorated Luftwaffe bomber pilots who worked hard to master the new aircraft in a short time and amidst the chaotic conditions of a Third Reich in decline. ‘Blitz Bombers’ tells the story of KG 76’s operations when equipped with what was the world’s first jet bomber, the Arado Ar 234 B-2. The book is founded on original unit diaries, reports and other records, as well as various German and Allied material drawn from archives and private collections gathered over many years. It traces KG 76’s period working up on the aircraft and its subsequent combat operations over the Western Front from December 1944 through to the end of the war. The Geschwader’s jets took part in operations over the Ardennes, in the ill-fated Bodenplatte attack of New Year’s Day 1945, in missions against the Allied armies driving into the Reich in early 1945, and in a series of intensive strikes against the Ludendorff bridge at Remagen and the bridgehead established there by the Allies in March 1945. Following many years research, the book includes nearly 300 illustrations, comprised of rare photographs of KG 76’s aircraft, personnel and equipment, as well as the Allied aircraft and pilots who encountered the Arados in combat, plus key documents taken from the unit’s records. These are supplemented by specially commissioned and highly detailed colour artwork depicting the unit’s aircraft.
Old 14th April 2020, 00:54

Bombphoon is on a distinguished road
Re: Blitz Bombers - Kampfgeschwader 76 and the Arado Ar 234, Luftwaffe Jet Bombers on the Western Front 1944-1945

Does the book have information regarding the April 1945 Arado Ar 234 reconnaissance mission, the last Luftwaffe sortie over England?