Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th March 2009, 13:41

J_Anderson is on a distinguished road
PRU Mosquito captured/given to the Germans ca 1943

Hi there,

This is my first post and is a plea for information!

My grandfather was a PRU Spitfire pilot and he's been trying to dig up some information on old colleagues he remembers from the war. There is one story he's been telling recently of a Mosquito pilot, called 'Pissy' Payne.

According to my grandfather, Payne landed his Mosquito at a French airfield and handed it over to the Germans. Payne also gave the Germans detailed information of my grandfathers squadron. My grandfather was wondering what may have happened to this character and I've been trawling the internet trying to find out. Apparently Payne was from the West Indies and was known as 'Pissy' due to his fondness for a drink.

Does anyone know of any captured Mosquitos or has heard of this pilot?

Many Thanks

James