Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 20th December 2016, 22:58
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Mediterranean Air War Vol 3 and Ju 52/3m WNr 7579 in particular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig Jarlevik View Post
Khaki

We have a lot of prominent authors in our midst, so they can probably expand (if they want to), but I doubt they would be positive.

Cheers
Stig
I have no illusions of being prominent but I have both written my own books and edited other writers'. There's no question that after reading your own writing enough times you become "hypnotised" and you see what should be there, rather than what is really on the page. Another set of eyes will see the repetitions and omissions and ask "what is that sentence supposed to mean?" or "why are there two chapter nines?" etc. But there is so much information that this new person will still miss something, and so will the next reader and so on …
Old 21st December 2016, 00:07
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

Carlos/Mark/Nick

The intention with my answer was not to point a finger at anyone nor critize anyone from their own agenda. There are of course more authors/historians out there writing the history of the air war around the Mediterranean than those doing the MAW. Since I presume they all follow their own agenda and their own reasoning, each and everyone is aiming for their own 'scope' to provide the reader with something new no one else did or thought of previously.

Nothing wrong with that even if it is not on my own 'wishlist'. But the world is certainly not run by my wishlist and neither is the books etc published about the air war around the big M...

I can appreciate what you all say, but again I doubt we will see a professional proof reader outside any author team, and Nick, do I recognize the problem you mention or not?... I think we all do....

Cheers
Stig

PS: Anyone writing books about the air war in WW 2 will I'm afraid (if they persist) be prominent regardless of preferences....
Old 21st December 2016, 15:50

Tony Jones

Mark
You put a ? after RAF Bisleys.
Bisley was RAF name for a Bristol Blenheim

Tony
Old 21st December 2016, 15:51
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

I second Stigs opinion on proof reading or apparent shortcuts by 2nd grade publishers. Just a few well placed errors can ruin a good work. Bad proof-reading is worse, I think. -Ed