Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 22nd February 2011, 01:09
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road
Discussion regarding post of link of "tec-spotter.de/Brunnthal" at Rogers website

Gentlemen - for your information regarding post of link of "tec-spotter.de/Brunnthal" at Rogers website:

THE LINK posted onto Rogers website was done WITHOUT PRIOR KNOWLEDGE or PRIOR CONSENT of those OTHERS that have worked hard on the BRUNNTHAL AIRFIELD scrapyard airplanes for so long. Those that have contributed the material are also angry, me included, and the private webpage at "tec-spotter.de" site has been closed.

ed

Last edited by edNorth; 22nd February 2011 at 03:05. Reason: Clarificion
Old 22nd February 2011, 01:20
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Website for my first book and decal sheets online!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edNorth View Post
Gentlemen - for your information:

THE LINK POSTED WAS posted on Rogers website WITHOUT PRIOR KNOWLEDGE or PRIOR CONSENT My German friends are VERY, VERY ANGRY and I am not too happy..

ed
Web pages aren't inherently private. I suppose the moral is to apply password protection if your friends feel the way they do.

Last edited by Nick Beale; 22nd February 2011 at 11:36. Reason: typo
Old 22nd February 2011, 01:48
Alter Hase

Nick, I get you meaning, but does not change "the issue" here - The webpage was not a public one. Possibly it was the "webmasters" mistake to have it like it was, but nevertheless, it was "made public" by one of only four having proper knowing of it, the other (three) had the "unpleasant" surprise to have part of their work exposed.
Old 22nd February 2011, 08:41
Alter Hase

Roger Gaemperle is on a distinguished road

Hi Neil,

Thanks a lot! I am a regular reader of your blog. Very nice articles!

Hi Ed,

I am sorry for your inconvenience, but I just wanted to point out that I did not post any link on my website. It was added to a comment to a photo taken at Brunnthal.

I have seen the website already some weeks ago. I cannot remember now where I saw the link (I think it was a German speaking forum), but I guess if I saw it before, many others will have as well. As Nick recommended, I would only give access to your website with a password if you prefer that nobody has access to it.

Thank you.
Roger
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:23

strahljaeger is on a distinguished road

Hi Roger,

good answere. Please write in which german forum you will have seen this link? Only 4 persons know this link.

Hi Neil,

you are right, it was my big mistake to work without password. But now I closed the side. I hope, that no one use the complex retouched photos from this our site. Parts of these photos are new and extensive treatment and now are protected by a new copyright. These work is property of my company and will accordingly protected.

Regards
Matthias
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:38
Alter Hase

Hello Matthias,

At that time I did not pay much attention where or who posted the link, I just saved it under my favorites. I could just try a web search to find it again.

I have edited the comment meanwhile and have removed the link in the comment.

I do not think that somebody is going to use your material for a publication. While there are many interested in Brunnthal and its aircraft, there probably are only few who intend to publish something related to Brunnthal. I have a couple of very nice shots taken at Brunnthal in my book (I own the original negatives), but the text is based completely on openly available sources (books, source documents, forums, magazines, etc. I have indicated all sources I used in the book) and was written before I saw your website. So, no worries.

I think if you protect the website in the future, you can continue to work collaboratively on this project without others having access. And there should not be any 'damage' done, rather the opposite as many got aware of your team and that you are working on a publication about Brunnthal. This way, you many get in touch with even more knowledgeable people in the future who will support your project.

Best regards,
Roger
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:04

Simon Schatz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks!

I think we should stop now the discussion about the Brunnthal website here, because it's not subject of Rogers announcement of his book.

Cheers, Simon

PS: BTW, I had a longer look at the website. I hope someday this material will be published in a book, because it really well documented. I'm sorry that the website was removed, but I can understand that the guys of the website are upset, because the link was posted. Simply don't put anything in the www if you don't want to share - that's my philosophy.
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:15
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Gaemperle View Post
I have seen the website already some weeks ago. I cannot remember now where I saw the link (I think it was a German speaking forum), but I guess if I saw it before, many others will have as well.

No Roger, no excuse at all. There will be no collaboartion on my behalf, not now or later, with you on this matters.
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:30
Alter Hase

Ed,

I do not understand you at all.

I am not involved in all this.
The comment was posted by someone of your own team working on this.
The website was not protected by your team.
I have not taken any information nor photo from you website.

So, why to you blame me? I do not understand.

With collaboration, I rather meant your team among each other. Not me.

I will not post anything about the Brunnthal link anymore. I was not involved, it doesn't have anything to do with my book or website and I do not see why I should be in the crossfire just because your team had a disagreement.

Kind regards,
Roger
Old 22nd February 2011, 14:19
Alter Hase

Which part of the overall discussuion & posting you not understand? It has been perfectly public for long time there is already ongoing research on Brunnthal and the Autobahn airstrip. There have been (many) posts in (many) forums relative to this and even article in J&P. So far many people have helped. Have you? Have I not assisted you (on your project) for free? At no point have I been made aware you were in posession of any photo material from this site. Thus last night I feel very dissapointed to discover, you state, you have many photos, but at no point offered them to others research project nor alerted us (then I mean others involved, including me) of their existance. Of couse it´s your decision to keep them for your own ends and means. I have no financial stake in this project (nor am I aware of any possible financial gain, nor expect any) and all work I have done so far has been for free (and my free choise). Is it this the part you not understand? Of course its the others that are the starters of this research (its really their project so I say no more), I am only "assistant".

Last edited by edNorth; 22nd February 2011 at 20:30. Reason: typos