Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Closed Thread

Old 7th February 2017, 12:19
Alter Hase

Teresa Maria is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Robert "Bazi" Weiß

Maybe this time I'll be luckier than before. :-)

I'm reposting my question in the hope that this time I'll find someone who will answer my question.
The website about him (http://www.luftwaffe.cz/weiss.html) says:
'Weiss fell ill in May 1943 and was withdrawn from combat until July when he was appointed Staffelkapitän of 3./JG 54.'

Do you happen to know what happened to him? It seems that he wasn't wounded, but maybe some of you will have more precise information...
Old 7th February 2017, 13:02

sidney is on a distinguished road
Re: Robert "Bazi" Weiß

Well, whatever it was, he certainly survived to fight another day unlike so many others.

I should think that it has to be enough information for any budding military personnel historian, such as yourself.
Old 7th February 2017, 13:52
Alter Hase

Dear Sidney,
First of all, I'm not a military historian, but a linguist, and, in fact, I'm already quite well-known as a researcher in the field of multilingualism. Actually, in Poland, where I live, I'm one of the very few linguists who work on multilingualism. Multilingualism research is much more popular in Western Europe, that is why I keep in touch with foreign researchers, take part in international conferences, etc. My interest in fighter pilots' biographies has nothing to do with my profession.

As for my interest in Robert Weiß, I currently have a crush on him, that is why I would like to know more than just the fact that he survived and kept fighting. I'm really curious about what happened to him. :-)
However, the love of my life is actually Friedrich Rupp and it's about him that I'd like to know as much as possible. I love Friedrich and I imagine that he loves me too and that he's proud of me. I know it may sound weird, but as a woman, I'm totally unlovable because I'm terribly fat and ugly. It's not just about being fat, but I'm ugly on the whole; I'm short and I have an ugly face. I once managed to lose weight for a short time, but I didn't look attractive at all. In fact, my nose, which is very big anyway, seemed huge against my slim face. You may well laugh, but I've never been loved, that's why I have to content myself with imagining that Friedrich loves me too...
Old 7th February 2017, 15:34
Alter Hase

Snautzer will become famous soon enough

Dear Teresa if true, that must be one of the most depressing statements i have ever read on a public board. The remark of Sidney is imo blunt to say the least. History writing does not leave a chapter out. It would be interesting to know what happened in this time in his life. Perhaps fatique, or just a long vacation or perhaps schooling for the job in hand.
Something will in time turn up , that is as people as yourself are interessted enough to ask the questions that make others aware. Who knows perhaps somebody studying something completly different comes across a bit of info and remembers your question. It will not be the first time that happens, far from it.

Regards
Old 7th February 2017, 16:00
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Maria View Post
However, the love of my life is actually Friedrich Rupp and it's about him that I'd like to know as much as possible. I love Friedrich and I imagine that he loves me too and that he's proud of me. I know it may sound weird ...
You're damn right it sounds weird, in fact it begins to sound a lot like trolling. 12 o'clock high is about abut the history or aerial warfare, not about working out emotional problems, although doubtless there are other forums devoted to just that.
Old 7th February 2017, 16:21
Super Moderator

John Beaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Amen, Nick.

Teresa, let us stick to the purpose of TOCH.
Old 7th February 2017, 16:55
Alter Hase

I'm not trolling. Like it or not, but I'm indeed in love with Friedrich Rupp and now I have a crush on Robert Weiss. And it's also true that I'm too ugly to be loved, but, apparently, I shouldn't have written it to justify my question about Robert. If you want, I'll delete that post.

I never ask about things which are too personal to appear, for example, in a printed biography or in Wikipedia.
Old 7th February 2017, 19:48

sidney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snautzer View Post
...The remark of Sidney is imo blunt to say the least. History writing does not leave a chapter out...

Regards
Thank you for your kind remark. Theresa Maria's query has got nothing to do with history writing. By her own admission.

And you, my friend, please refrain from addressing me that way in public.
Old 7th February 2017, 20:07
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidney View Post
And you, my friend, please refrain from addressing me that way in public.
And, on that note, thread closed.