Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 9th April 2008, 19:56
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: Bertie Rex OŽBryen Hoare accident with a Fairey Battle

Paul, Amrit and Leendert!
I do thank to both of you the kind contribution and help in discovering this incident. I had tried some links with 207 Squadron, but got no joy. Being so famous and, as far as I do remember, one of the few ( if not the only one ) to fly "blind of one eye" with the RAF during the Second World War, I do not know why or how there is no information available about him on the sites or archives...maybe, as Chris positively admited: being a pre-war incident as well as not having caused material damages, it was forgotten...
Chris, do you have any suggestion to where to look now on? From the information you posted, the access to CranwellŽs Archives will be restricted to people like me, isnŽt it? Someone do possess the 207 SquadronŽs pre-war ORBs?
I would like to, again, say my sincere thanks to both of you on your kind contribution and help.
Sincerely yours
Adriano
Old 10th April 2008, 09:26
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about

Adriano: I am afraid that I cannot help or suggest any further avenues. Still no joy in Venezuela?
Old 10th April 2008, 10:58
Alter Hase

Brian is on a distinguished road

Hi Adriano

I will have a look in 207's ORB for you when I next visit Kew (hopefully next week)

Hope that may help.
Cheers
Brian
Old 3rd May 2017, 17:31
Alter Hase

paulmcmillan

AIR 81/1578 1939 Jan 01- 1939 Dec 31 Flight Lieutenant B R O Hoare: injured; Battle L4966, 207 Squadron; aircraft accident, 6 October 1939
Old 3rd May 2017, 18:52
Alter Hase

Brian is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul

Congratulations for perseverance.

Hope Adriano sees this!

Cheers
Brian
Old 3rd May 2017, 20:07
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

Dear Paul McMillan,

DO HAVE NO WORDS to express MY GRATITUDE!!!!

I am a real fan of "Bertie" Hoare, DSO, DFC...and really believe he merit a FULL biography. Maybe one of you, British or Famous writers can start that work....I wished I could write about this particular airman and his full life.

There are so many forgotten RAF Heroes to write about that one could pass one life in doing so. For foreigners "sprog" writers and researchers, like me, it is almost impossible to have access to his RAF Record and Memorablia....

I heard and read, from former Mosquito airmen that flew under Hoare's Command, that he was a real "character" and a LEADER.

If one day, a biography arise, I shall be one of the first readers...Perhaps some members of the Family can think about...

BRIAN and Chris GOSS...Thanks for all the support with this thread. I have been away from this Fórum for some months, due to a new member on my crew: my son of almost 1 year of age... Am training him to be a good (air)MAN, of Peace, of Valours, etc...someething I have learned from and praised, from the very few contacts I had during those 25+ years of researches with some RAF, USAAF and LW former WW2 veterans.

SEMPER FI