Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Pre-WW2 Military and Naval Aviation

Pre-WW2 Military and Naval Aviation Please use this forum to discuss Military and Naval Aviation before the Second World War.

Old 20th January 2021, 23:50

ginamod is on a distinguished road
Re: Unknown wreckage

rof 120,
I appreciated your ideas on St. Anton,
but be sure, there was no other crash than that from 17th March 1944, a Siebel 204 plane. Snautzer sent a link to this crash.
All 5 German crew killed and buried.
No other crash in Arlberg area known.
Best
ginamod
Old 7th March 2021, 23:57

jvmasset is on a distinguished road

Hello!

According to Serbian wikipedia, the poor guy crashed in the Vorarlberg; he was accompanied by his boss (Lt Col Petrović), coming back from the meeting in Zurich.
They encountered bad weather almost immediately after take off and the Vorarlberg were the first serious mountains on their path.
After they crashed, they were alive, but Pajevic was seriiously wounded; the colonel tried to find help, to die frozen less than 1 km from a guard post.
The pilot was found very seriously wounded by german tourists, and transported to Feldkirch town (between Voralrberg group of mountains and Zurich), where he died from his injuries.
I suspect very much the glacier Isabella has been gone for a good time, which explains maybe its absence of mention on the Net.

Cordially

JV
Old 13th March 2021, 21:35

ginamod is on a distinguished road

Hello JVMasset,

thx for your clarifying contribution. I found it by chance because I leaerned, that my final sumary on the crash had been moved (removed ?) or calcelled. It vanished.

No idea why.
I send you a private message with my results. OK?
Greetings
ginamod