Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > On Offer

On Offer Please place your on offer ads here, however 12oclockhigh.net cannot be held accountable for any deal conducted through our forum.

Old 30th May 2017, 23:51

Monaco is on a distinguished road
Help with aviation books

Hi everybody,
as we are moving soon, I´m trying get rid off some "weight" i.e. some books on military aviation (for example Prien JG.3 Vol.I-IV, JG.77 Vol.I-IV...). I already asked an antiquarian, but he has not enough customers for them and I don´t want to sell them via amazon marketplace either as I have enough other things to do at the moment.
I´m just wondering if someone has an idea, what can I do or where to go to?

Kind regards

Monaco
Old 31st May 2017, 04:07

Vince Malfara is on a distinguished road
Re: Help with aviation books

Hi Monaco
It would seem that the best monetary option would be to sell them yourself and benefit from the added funds.
I don't know if the taxation system of your country allows for claiming donations to museums or other historical non-profit organizations, but you may be able to donate them at current market value and get a tax receipt for that amount to apply towards your tax filing. I have donated some articles to a museum here in Canada and apply the dollar amount tax receipt under charitable donations.
Best option for you would still be to sell them, extra cash for you, just my humble opinion.

Best wishes

Vince...
Old 31st May 2017, 15:28

Re: Help with aviation books

Hello Vince,
thanks for the response...I´ve been so long on the forum and didn´t notice yet, that there´s an extra platform for these things. Your proposals anyway are sound and I try first to sell them and think later about what to do with the money (use it for my growing family or donate it).
Thanks a lot!

Monaco
Old 31st May 2017, 21:17

Geschichte der Jagdgeschwader 3/ 77

So, once again on the right platform. I would offer single volumes of Prien´s Geschichte des Jagdgeschwaders 3/ Jagdgeschwader 77 for 35€ (plus shipment costs) or volumes 1-4 of one Geschwader for 120€ (plus shipment costs) or all volumes of both Geschwader for 220€ (plus shipment costs). If you´re interested send me a PM.

Cheers and Horrido

Monaco