Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 1st October 2013, 21:22
cazdennard

Nazi WW2 Photograph Album -14 Company, Luftgau Nachrichten Regiment Belgium/Northern France

Hello everybody,

I am new on this forum today but found you through trying to research a photograph album. Some very lovely people on a different forum have helped me identify that the album belongs was made in commemoration of the 3rd Christmas of the War for 14 Company, Luftgau Nachrichten Regiment Belgium/Northern France, and there is a presentation inscription at the front of the album signed by the commander to this effect.

However any research I am trying to do beyond this is coming up blank, or in German and not translating very sympathetically! I would love to know more about the this company, regiment, or anything at all really.

In general there are photographs of life in the service, Christmas and Birthday celebrations, rallies/speeches and also military funerals. I will attach some photographs to this post, they are really fascinating.

The album was 'requisitioned' when the war ended by a British soldier, and there are some slightly more personal photographs of what appears to be a rather young lad towards the back and I believe this was the original owner. His fate sadly is unknown.

I would be much appreciative of anybody's thoughts or insights into this album.

Thank you in advance.
Old 2nd October 2013, 00:20
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: Nazi WW2 Photograph Album -14 Company, Luftgau Nachrichten Regiment Belgium/Northern France

14./Luftgau-Nachr.Rgt. Belgien/Nordfrankreich was a Flugmelde-Reserve company and was stationed in Brussels and its suburbs right from early June 1940 to late August 1944. It never moved during that period. It was disbanded in October 1944. They manned numerous aircraft observer posts and reported the identity, altitude and activity of aircraft flying around in the greater Brussels area. That's it.

You might be able to find more information in the Bundesarchiv-Militärarchiv in Freiburg and in the Brussels city archive.

L.
Old 2nd October 2013, 10:25

SES
Re: Nazi WW2 Photograph Album -14 Company, Luftgau Nachrichten Regiment Belgium/Northern France

Please also see:
http://www.ww2.dk/ground/ln/lgbn.html
bregds
SES
Old 5th October 2013, 01:22

roncosano is on a distinguished road

On the crosses in the shot n°5 there are italian helmets (mod.33). I think that the funeral ceremony took place at the cemetry of Evere (near Bruxelles), in which were buried part of the 32 airmen of the Corpo Aereo Italiano died during the BoB.

Best Regards,
Corrado