Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 26th January 2006, 19:59

Horst Kube
Walter Schuck attends at the SOS in Lousville, KY

Maybe it interests you, that the Messerschmitt Ace Walter Schuck (Knights Cros, Oak Leaves holder, 206 aerial victories) will be at the Show of Shows in Louisville/KY from February 23rd - 25th to meet American WW 2 veterans - among them his defeater and friend Lt. Col. (ret.) Joseph (Joe) Peterburs, the Mustang pilot who shot his Me 262 down on April 10th 1945.

On that occasion Walter Schuck will talk about his former experiences with the Me 109 and the Me 262, present his new Photo-CD with over 1.000 pictures from the JG 5 "Eismeerjäger" and give autographs on books and posters, see for instance the attached Me 262 image with the new Balkenkreuz frame, designed by Claes Sundin.

All the best,
Horst Kube

Last edited by Horst Kube; 7th February 2006 at 09:26.
Old 29th January 2006, 12:20

JägerMarty
Question Re: Walter Schuck attends at the SOS in Lousville, KY

Who, when and where is this JG5 photo CD being distributed?
Sounds very interesting
Old 29th January 2006, 13:15

Horst Kube
Re: Walter Schuck attends at the SOS in Louisville, KY

Dear members,

because I am involved in the sellings of the CD and the posters, I can only answer your questions offboard. When you are interested in more details, please send me a private message.

All the best,
Horst Kube
Old 29th January 2006, 14:09

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road
Re: Walter Schuck attends at the SOS in Lousville, KY

I have a copy of the CD, and I can recommend it. The CD contains a large number of photos, collected from various JG 5 pilots, including Walter Schuck. The CD serves as a good supplement to Yuriy Rybin’s and my forthcoming biography on Walter Schuck, Messerschmitt Ace Walter Schuck: From Me 109 to Me 262.

After many years of work, we are proud to announce that the manuscript is completed and only awaits publishing.

Our book Messerschmitt Ace Walter Schuck: From Me 109 to Me 262 is richly illustrated by over 300 photographs. A few of those also appear on the CD, but most illustrations in the book are unique. The photo material is not only from Walter Schuck’s private albums and unpublished Russian photos of pilots we have identified fought against Schuck in specific air combats, but also from the Norwegian researcher Rune Rautio’s excellent photo archive, as well as Norwegian archives of captured Luftwaffe photos, photos from recent years of the wrecks of Soviet aircraft which we have identified were shot down by Schuck, etc.

Plus a large number of never before published photographs of Me 262 unit I./JG 7 from a very special source!

Moreover, the book will contain about 50 absolutely rare large-size colour profiles by Claes Sundin, based on an absolutely unique photo documentation only at Claes Sundin's disposal.

The website on the Walter Schuck book has recently been updated with some details on the book, and expect the website to be regularly updated with such material in the nearest future:

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/messerschmitt-ace/index.htm

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/
Old 29th January 2006, 21:21

O.Menu

Horst if there is a web site to order the CD i think nobody will complain if you post it...
Old 29th January 2006, 21:25

O.Menu

Christer, any news about the awaited ''Karaya song''?

No need to say Walter Schuck book is also on the wish list
Old 29th January 2006, 23:08

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road

O Menu, oh yes - the Karaya song!

I have the original record, but I borrowed it to a very reliable colleague who will have it recorded so that it will be possible to listen to the Karaya song while viewing the Graf & Grislawski rudder exhibition at Technikmuseum Speyer. Will take care of it soon. Thanks for reminding me!

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/
Old 31st January 2006, 05:47

VtwinVince is on a distinguished road

That sounds great, wish I could go and meet these people. Christer, keep us posted on the release date of your book.