Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 8th April 2006, 03:49

Horst Kube
Me 262 kills - or more than Walter Schuck?

From Walter Schuck I know, he had 4 kills, four B-17 bomnbers on 10th of April 1945 near Magdeburg in one mission - within few minutes on that day - and see confirmed data of the experts.

Now I ask, if there is some other jet-pilot, who had the same or even more kills with a jet, or is it only Walter Schuck with that record?

BTW, I do not ask for records of others of Luftwaffe pilots, which were already questionable at those times in the so called "Luftwaffen-Ehrenkodex".

If it is so, what I presume, than Walter Schuck is the first and only one jet fighter pilot, who shot down four bombers in one jet mission snd that - worldwide.

All the best
Horst
Old 6th February 2007, 05:13

RossGmann is on a distinguished road
Re: Me 262 kills - or more than Walter Schuck?

For your information if interested

http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/bibli...6-112596300x-0

Walter Schuck scored 206 victories and was awarded the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves. In April 1942 he was sent to the bitterly cold Eismeer Front with 7./JG 5 at Petsamo, Finland. In March 1944 he shot down seven Boston bombers in a single day. On 1 August 1944 he was promoted to Staffelkapitän of 10./JG 5. He was transferred to the West to fly the Me 262 and was appointed Staffelkapitän of 3./JG 7 on 24 March 1945. He shot down eight aircraft while flying the Me 262, including four B-17s on 10 April. He was forced to bail out on the same mission.

Kind regards
Ross