Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > General

General Please use this forum to post feedback, suggestions and problems relating to 12oclockhigh.net

Closed Thread

Old 18th March 2020, 19:15

BrianC is on a distinguished road
Coronavirus

Hi guys

Keep well, my friends

Brian
Old 18th March 2020, 19:40

rof120 is on a distinguished road
Re: Coronavirus

Agreed. YES, and be bl… careful.
Old 18th March 2020, 22:25

Jukka Juutinen is an unknown quantity at this point

Far too much hype. If comparing risks at national level, e.g. alcohol is likely to kill far more people. It is kind of a chain smoker worrying about radiation from old nuclear tests. It reminds me of some American hoplophobes screaming of "gun violence" when medical errors cost 30 times more lives (medical errors are estimated to cause 500,000 premature deaths in the US per annum while there were approx. 16,000 homicides total in the US in 2019).
Old 18th March 2020, 22:49
Super Moderator

Nick Beale will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukka Juutinen View Post
Far too much hype.
You might have done better to express some basic human sympathy for those who are suffering and dying from something over which, unlike smokers and drinkers, they had no choice whatsoever.
Old 19th March 2020, 03:06
Alter Hase

Alex Smart is on a distinguished road

Fully agree with you Nick. Also just like to ask others to start questioning just when and what the Western Countries knew of the Chemical warfare establishment in the Chinese City that we have been told was where the origin of the virus from a food market ? I have read that the Chemical Warfare establishment has been known about since the 1970-1980's.
Old 19th March 2020, 08:13
Alter Hase

Laurent Rizzotti is on a distinguished road

First thing is that the current figures might be well below the real one. Just for France it is estimated that the annual "normal" flu is killing an avarage 8 000 people per year but only a few hundred are registered as dying in hospital from the flu. This number is calculated by estimating the increase of death rate in tile of flu epidemics.

Second thing is that the main issue with this disease is that in most cases people below the age of 65 will survive.... if they can be treated in hospital. But if the number of cases goes above your number of breath assistance systems, the death rate will go up and young people will die. Actually in some places in Italy the doctors are already compelled to choose who they try to save and who they let die without breath assistance. Even without the health system being overworked, almost half of the pilot needing breath assistance do not survive.
Old 19th March 2020, 11:33

musec04 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Board users might find these two videos dealing with differing aspects of the corona virus of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVTbW47hPmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_AyuhbnPOI

both gentlemen appear to have a bakground to comment informatively on the subject.

The first video helps to address and supplement Alex Smart's comments on this thread, while the second video is relevant to Laurent Rizzottis comment on the lethality of the corona virus.

Regards,

Clint
Old 19th March 2020, 18:16
Alter Hase

edwest2 is on a distinguished road

Thank you Clint. I suggest everyone get their news from reliable sources and contact their health care provider with questions. Then, if possible, try to relax. I can manage only the things I can manage.

Best,
Ed
Old 19th March 2020, 18:24
Super Moderator

Nick Beale will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwest2 View Post
Thank you Clint. I suggest everyone get their news from reliable sources and contact their health care provider with questions. Then, if possible, try to relax. I can manage only the things I can manage.

Best,
Ed
The World Health organisation is one reliable source that has lots of information and advice: http://www.euro.who.int/en/home
Old 19th March 2020, 18:41

musec04 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Another interesting article. Though in this case the author of the piece does advise he's not medically qualified, see disclaimer at the top of the article. Chloroquine : A New Hope?

https://in-this-together.com/chloroquine-coronavirus/

Regards,

Clint
Closed Thread