Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 5th August 2016, 20:28

Horst Weber
German fighter bellylanding

Good afternoon !

I'm seeking for the identity of a German fighter plane which bellied in or around September 1944 in the area of Ehlenz/Oberweiler in the local district "Ackerburg".

This location is about 11 km NNW of Bitburg, Germany, and close to the hamlet of Ackerburg.

Interviews with eyewhitnesses came to the conclusion:
- a German figter plane bellylanded
- time was September 1944
- the pilot was unhurt

Since I know, that it is very difficult to research this matters without a knowledge of a date, the name of the Pilot,a unit nor a type of airplane. I beg you for possible information. In an about 20 year old request about thje a/c type, an eyewhitness told me, that it could be a Bf-109.

But !

Any idea ?.

Horst Weber