Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd April 2019, 21:39
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: The Eagles Over Europe Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vasco View Post
Three more months and not a word...

Don't any of you dare say it will never come to fruition...
Happily the TOCH tablets of stone class this as legitimate doubt rather than heresy.
Old 23rd April 2019, 21:54
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Beale View Post
Happily the TOCH tablets of stone class this as legitimate doubt rather than heresy.
It is very, very, sad, Nick, as I was in on the EoE Project from the start...

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!
Old 24th April 2019, 04:54

Del Davis is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: The Eagles Over Europe Project

I have been asking for updates on the project about every six months for several years now because of a sincere interest in seeing the product with all its profiles and other documentation. Like several others, I have doubts about the project , having seen how the Eagles over the Pacific project of the 1990s has never been completed. I posted on this and another well known Luftwaffe forum. For some unknown reason, after 5 years ,I am no longer allowed over there but I will continue to make inquiries over here
Old 24th April 2019, 14:39
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Davis View Post
I have been asking for updates on the project about every six months for several years now because of a sincere interest in seeing the product with all its profiles and other documentation. Like several others, I have doubts about the project , having seen how the Eagles over the Pacific project of the 1990s has never been completed. I posted on this and another well known Luftwaffe forum. For some unknown reason, after 5 years ,I am no longer allowed over there but I will continue to make inquiries over here

Damn, Del, I was trying to keep you anonymous!

Oh well, I have suddenly become only a 'guest' on that other forum in the last couple of weeks also.

So folks, don't ask questions over there, or suggest it may never come to fruition, else you will also get the hammer.

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Old 24th April 2019, 16:10
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Some of you may recall the flame war brouhaha that I got into here on TOCH several years ago with the supreme dictator and Fuehrer of that "other website" over its imposed dictates of exclusivity, i.e., no postings could be viewed unless the intruder first became a sworn, card-carrying member approved by the supreme Fuehrer and his clique. Since then, a half-dozen or more reputable, published researcher-historian-authors known to me have been booted off the site for daring to ask simple questions that would be more than welcome here on TOCH. And, as John V. and others have stated, that is very, very sad. There is a good side to this bad penny, however: those booted have returned to TOCH where they are most welcome.

L.
Old 24th April 2019, 17:23
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

Dear all,

Most of you are acknowledgded "Professional" Historians and Researchers who have inspired the other 50-70% of the members during the years.

For those who have not yet Edited a book....privately or not...IT IS NOT EASY fellows....not easy....and we do have (the non-professional writers or researchers who do have other occupations as means of living) Families too and health problems and social problems as well - personnel, etc...

I am not familiar with this topic, but do give credit to the writers and time...How many years it took to a French Historian such as J-Y Lorant to research and publish his masterpiece about JG 300: 25 years....

I have been during the last 7+ years researching about the Brazilians in RAF Service...some 120+ biographies...more than 2,200 written pages and it is UNFINISHED...due to a lot of factors, other projects, personal life, problems (lot!), kid and Family to take care....but I do write a bit, every single day...a small step forward...

Let's hope that this Project will be finished...maybe the owner or idealist do need some help...Alone we do nothing...(maybe we do, but we do need help, this is what I meant).

Let's stop making critics but stimulate new historians like JEREMY who wrote a magnific piece of History onto this 14 April 1943...most of us, non-professional or acclaimed historians we do need support and help...and places like this Fórum to meet similars and SHARE and LEARN together.

I do remain, must humbly yours,
Adriano
Old 24th April 2019, 19:25
Alter Hase

RudiS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry deZeng View Post
Some of you may recall the flame war brouhaha that I got into here on TOCH several years ago with the supreme dictator and Fuehrer of that "other website" over its imposed dictates of exclusivity, i.e., no postings could be viewed unless the intruder first became a sworn, card-carrying member approved by the supreme Fuehrer and his clique.
L.
LOL
Old 24th April 2019, 22:00

sidney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry deZeng View Post
Some of you may recall the flame war brouhaha that I got into here on TOCH several years ago with the supreme dictator and Fuehrer of that "other website" over its imposed dictates of exclusivity, i.e., no postings could be viewed unless the intruder first became a sworn, card-carrying member approved by the supreme Fuehrer and his clique...

L.
If I may. I do remember the initial, well-composed (obviously), strongly worded, very precise initial post on the subject. It came as a surprise to me that well-known researchers, authors, or the like were hardly treated any better than the rest of us there. It was enjoyable read, but I never saw the response to it. There was no need to follow the thread any further.
Old 6th May 2019, 01:34
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
Hi Del,

manuscript for 1.9.39 is finished - there are approx. 600 pages of text, which must be edited and adjusted to our book format. Maps are finished and we are working on aircraft profiles. We are still looking for some photos! So if anyone could help us in this subject it will be greatly appreciated.
On the other side I`m now finishing manuscript for 14.9.39 - more than 120 pages.

Regards

Robert

Update...?

After all, this is me: "...we have the self-proclaimed orator John Vasco spreading negative and misleading nonsense in public on this board and to anyone else he meets on his travels..."

While in the same paragraph this appeared: "...Why on earth should we divulge what the timetable is, the structure of each volume, the page content, the photo content, the map content, the text content? It is no one's business..." So, to all of you on here who have helped over the years and decades, this translates as 'you are going to be told 'jack'.

So on the one hand I'm spreading negative and misleading nonsense (which is a 100% lie!), and on the other nothing is divulged and it's no one's business. Nobody knows anything (including me), but apparently I'm spreading negative and misleading nonsense because I express an opinion.

Oh, there's a lot more stuff, Robert, a lot more. But are we still in 'secret squirrel' territory?

Old 6th May 2019, 01:56
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

I can understand not divulging information about contents in some rare cases, but not this one. They are looking for help, and at the same time, have revealed certain details. Without a mind reading ability, I can only assume. The spreading of false and misleading information on the internet has been troublesome for the company I work for as well. This can only be countered by giving those who are spreading false information factual responses. If they persist, this may have to be repeated, or ignored. A sad state of affairs.

Best,
Ed
Closed Thread

Tags
eagles, europe