Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 8th April 2019, 18:18
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about
BF to Helmut Lent

A BF by the name of Lütringhaus flew with Lent occasionally in 1944; Theo has no clues so has anyone come across this name before?
Old 9th April 2019, 22:55

Marcel Hogenhuis will become famous soon enough
Angry Re: BF to Helmut Lent

Hello Chris,

I am pretty sure that I have heard/read about this Lütringhaus before but I have no idea where/when/in which context.

Will have a good night rest to think this over again.

Hoping to get a brain wave soon, best regards,

Marcel
Old 10th April 2019, 00:04
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: BF to Helmut Lent

Chris and Marcel Hogenhuis,

Back in early 90's, when I was taking lessons on the Airclub to become a Civilian Pilot, someone who knew I was interested in WW2 History informed that an old German had served the Luftwaffe...and that I should try to meet him. It took some time to find the correct address then.

I was only 17 and take courage to knock the informed house, one night. Here I was met by an old man who said YES, he was a Telefunken (or Siemens) technician then and yes, hew flew some tests and missions with Lent (I guess) on Dornier Do 215 B or Do 217...I remember that he said he installed the FuG 202 Lichtenstein....the airfield was in Holland for sure...

Sadly, I can not remember where I put my notes...and when I returned to the same house, the relatives told me that the old man had passed away.

During this first and only meeting I had brought some LW books with me and the old man smoked his cigarette and "flew back to the past", literally....He just kept watching the pictures...

I can not remember by heart his Family NAME now...neither do know where I put my notes about this meeting....but the man you are looking for could certainly be this man, or another Siemens or Telefunken technician, which may have flown some night combat sorties to check the apparatus installed....just a suggestion.

Humbly yours,
Adriano Baumgartner