Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 22nd December 2009, 12:54

north_weald is on a distinguished road
"Gladiator" now being translated into English!

I have started translating "Gladiator" into English. The book has been discussed here earlier, but it was only in Norwegain language. I now have high hopes of finishing an English version and one way or another, spread it out to the rest of the world. At the website (brand new, might have some bugs!) you can sign up for the mailig list and get news about the ongoing work with the book, and read more about Finn Thorsager and his adventures before, during and after WW2.

Norwegian Spitfire Pilot - the story of Finn Thorsager

At Spitfirepilots.com I did a very very quick and hasty translation of a dogfight he had over Vlissingen. It won't be in the book (I will do a proper translation of it) but it's still readworthy!

Dogfight over Vlissingen
Old 25th January 2010, 16:45

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough
Re: "Gladiator" now being translated into English!

..not a bad attempt for (presumably) a non-native speaker. Really needs proofing & correcting for an English-language readership...

yes, can see you are aware of that now....bodes well !