Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 14th June 2018, 21:43
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Full name of Sqd Ldr DONALDSON at R.A.E. Farnborough - Nov/Dec 1941

Dear all,

I am looking for the full name of the Squadron Leader Donaldson that was at R.A.E. Farnborough between November and December 1941. (possibly later too).

Two possible candidates (but I have no documents or information confirming either of those, or another S/L Donaldson there):

David William Donaldson, D.F.C. (RAFVR 70185), later DSO and BAR.

Oliver Russell “Rusty” Donaldson, D.F.C. (RAFO 39414), later C.B.E., D.S.O., M.i.D.

Any information about the full name of S/L Donaldson at RAE Farnborough during that period will be most welcomed.

Adriano S. Baumgartner
baumgartner_asv@yahoo.com.br