Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 11th May 2005, 06:20

Dick Powers
Abschussmeldung

In a thread below I was asked to post an Abschussmeldung to this forum. Rather than have it buried, I thought I'd start a new thread.

The report is by Ltn Johannes Hager, of 6./NJG 1 on the night of February 14, 1943. This was to be Hager's first victory. His total was to be 48, although I don't know how many were actually confirmed.

Hager was awarde the RK onMarch 12, 1945. Obermaier says the his score was 47 night + 1 four engined day vitory. He survived the war.

I would be particularly interested if anyone could shed some light on the red handwritten notations at the top. Also the "181" in red pencil to the left of "Abschussmeldung"; could this indicate the 181 st Gruppe confirmation?
Old 11th May 2005, 08:08

John P Cooper
Question Re: Abschussmeldung

Dick,

Would this be considered to be a standardized form or are there others as part of the offical process?

Thanks

John
Old 11th May 2005, 14:41
Alter Hase

Jim P. will become famous soon enough
Re: Abschussmeldung

The hand written notations look to me to say (top line) Anerkannt (confirmed) while the 2nd line looks to refer to another document (see Tony Wood's stuff) and notes that this is the pilots 50th Luftsieg.
Old 11th May 2005, 16:54

Dick Powers
John Cooper's Question

As far as I know the Abschussmeldung was the only "official", (pre-printed ) form, except the confirmation certificate eventually issued by the RLM. Unfortunaltely I dontl have one of those.

The supporting documents accompanying the Abschussmeldung, in this case, are typewritten on white flimsy paper with no distinguishing markings.

One other comment. Each claim had to be a separate Abshcussmeldung, even though they may have occurred on the same flight.
Old 11th May 2005, 18:10
Alter Hase

Jim P. will become famous soon enough

Again, see Tony Woods stuff and the statement at the beginning of each of his files. He has transcribed the claims from from another RLM source as he describes. The 2nd line of the hand-written stuff has similar notations to Tony's transcribed lists.
Old 11th May 2005, 18:15

Soren Flensted

Hi
Where did you find this meldung ? Is it filed on squadron or date ?
regards
Old 12th May 2005, 03:22

John P Cooper

Would anyone care to share a scan of a confirmation certificate issued by the RLM?

Thanks