Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th October 2006, 17:25

Dan Taylor is on a distinguished road
Capt. Richard Peterson: Bf109 encounter

Hi all,
Has anyone got any further information on one of Captain Richard Petersons Me 109 victories for me - the downing of a Bf109 where he came across the german pilot shooting at bomber crews in their 'chutes over a target area? (He mentions this incident in the documentary "Target Berlin", but I do not believe the target area he shot the a/c down over was Berlin. Capt. Peterson's victory list details do not mention a 109 destroyed over Berlin, and this guy definitely bailed out.

Any information anyone among this distinguished group has would be much appreciated. Please forgive me if this has been dealt with before, I could not find any info in it in my search of the forum archives.
Dan Taylor