Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th April 2021, 04:43

Ben McKinnon is on a distinguished road
Lt Friedrich-Karl Thien KG 100 Heinkel Crash

Hi would like to ask if anyone could provide me with information on Lt Thiens Career, I do know that he served as a pilot in KG 100 and promoted to Oberleutnant and was awarded the wound badge, not sure of the colour after a plane crash following a ramming by a Russian aircraft but that is all I have on him. There was a photo with a crashed Heinkel with the letters GN+N and I. I think it’s an I as it’s in a different colour looks like a crash dated 1940, not sure if it was his aircraft ? Any information would be good.

Last edited by Ben McKinnon; 5th April 2021 at 04:45. Reason: Addition of words to clarify