Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 27th March 2021, 01:08

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough
Re: A.I.1.(k) Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabe Anton View Post
Grüß Gott Chris et all!

The NASM archives at Udvar-Hazy (Dulles International Airport) hold what I believe is a complete run of A.D.I.(K) reports on microfilm. Some years ago I purchased the roll (or rolls) covering 1939 and 1940. There are not too many reports for 1939, but it's very clear that there was a systematic POW interrogation report program from September 1939 forward. These early reports were calendared as A.D.I.(K) and designated just as they were until the end of the war. Examining the reports from 1939 and 1940, it's apparent that British Intelligence knew what it was doing; it's also apparent that the personnel (and thus the reports) were "feeling their way along.," learning as time passed.[/font]

I shall try to check my copies of the A.D.I.(K) reports for May 1940 for the individual loss in question here and report back.

RA
Jim

It was A.I.1(k) before it became A.D.I.(K) so I suspect you'd be looking at the same set of files that Andrew has already checked. The interrogations were usually led by Flight Lieutenant (as he was then) SD (Samuel Denys) Felkin.

Steve
Old 31st March 2021, 15:53

Rabe Anton
A.I.1.(k) Report

Grüß Gott RudiS!

I am sorry to have been delayed several days in researching the A.D.I.(K) report for a Stab KG 54 airplane lost on 19.05.40.

Rudi, I have searched all of the A.D.I.(K) reports down to June 1940 for the loss in which you are interested. I did not find a report for "your' crew. Stab KG 54 did lose an airplane on 19.05.40 (B 3 + A A) for which there is a report, but the aircrew names listed do not match yours.

Siegfried Radke, KG 54, does have an entry for "your" loss on 19.05.40. The crew names match yours, but there is no Werknummer or complete Truppenkennzeiche noted.

Peter Cornwell, The Battle of France then and Now, p. 328, also has an entry for "your" loss. There are details here, but again not the aircraft Werknummer or Truppenkennzeiche.

I realize the above secondary sources are not the A.D.I.(K) you are seeking, but they are the best I could do. I strongly suggest contacting Peter Cornwell for further assistance. Peter is a superb researcher and a very helpful resource.

RA
Old 31st March 2021, 15:57
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about

I am afraid that Peter Cornwell has retired and his material gone to others
Old 31st March 2021, 16:03
Alter Hase

RudiS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabe Anton View Post
Grüß Gott RudiS!
I am sorry to have been delayed several days in researching the A.D.I.(K) report for a Stab KG 54 airplane lost on 19.05.40.
Rudi, I have searched all of the A.D.I.(K) reports down to June 1940 for the loss in which you are interested. I did not find a report for "your' crew. Stab KG 54 did lose an airplane on 19.05.40 (B 3 + A A) for which there is a report, but the aircrew names listed do not match yours. Siegfried Radke, does have an entry for "your" loss on19.05.40. The crew names match yours, but there is no Werknummer or complete Truppenkennzeiche noted.
Peter Cornwell, The Battle of France then and Now, p. 328, also has an entry for "your" loss. There are details here, but again not the aircraft Werknummer or Truppenkennzeiche.I realize the above secondary sources are not the A.D.I.(K) you are seeking, but they are the best I could do. I strongly suggestcontacting Peter Cornwell for further assistance. Peter is a superb researcher and a very helpful resource.
RA
Thanks anyway for checking for me. Very much appreciated.