Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 25th January 2011, 15:17

Bart V. is on a distinguished road
Plane and crew of Alfred Gemsjäger

Does anyone has more information or photographs to the plane and crew of Oberleutnant Alfred Gemsjäger?

I've searched the forum and found this thread:
- http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showth...ht=gemsj%E4ger

Quote:
Gemsjaeger & Finke (with Ofw Kurt Roeschmann) were lost in a Ju 188 D-2, F6+BP Wk Nr 150234 north of the town of Cremona on 2 Sep 44
(Post by Member: Chris Goss)
I am completely new to the Luftwaffe actually. Where does the F6+BP stand for exactly? F6 would be of the 6.(F)Staffel to which he belonged.

Second question:
What is his exact place of crash? Chris Goss mentions north of the town Cremona, Italy. I have somewhere near Brescia, Italy. Which lies North of Cremona but is still ca. 50 minutes driving. Anyone has more information?

Third question:
What was the crew of this Ju 188 D-2, F6+BP, Werknr. 150234? Chris Gross mentions Alfred Gemsjäger, Andreas Finke and Kurt Roeschmann - is this correct? What was the faith of the last two? I only find Oblt. Alfred Gemsjäger back in Volksbund but Andreas Finke and Kurt Roeschmann not.

Fourth question:
Does there exist a photograph of the crashed plane? Anyone now more about the circumstances of the downing and crashing?

Leutnant Gemsjäger was posthumously promoted to Oberleutnant and awarded the Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes on 16 December 1944. Sadly he would never see his daughter, who was born two months after his Fliegertod.

Many thanks in advance.
-- Currently searching all information related to Josef Baier (StG 77), Wilhelm Bergmann (KG 4), Josef Blümel (SG 3), Siegfried Fischer (StG 1), Bruno Klos (KG 54), Erwin Kretschmer (SG 2), Alfred Lausch (JG 300), Rudolf Miethig (JG 52), Leopold Münster (JG 3), Emil Neumann (?), Otto Prokop (KG) u. Josef Pellikan (SG 2).
Old 10th February 2012, 02:25

maxjvb is on a distinguished road
Re: Plane and crew of Alfred Gemsjäger

Hi Bart, the only luftwaffe plane crashed near brescia is Ju 188 F6+GP in 08.09.1944 in Rovato and another ME109 crashed in Tremosine.
Thi s plane is really crashed at Casalbuttano (CR), and we are in research now