Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 2nd December 2021, 01:35

cpaige5@hotmail.com is on a distinguished road
Luftwaffe pow during Spainish civil war and WW2

I read a passage from Ilya Ehrenburg in a book on the Spanish civil war. He mentions that he interviewed some of the German airman that were captured. He later said that one of them that he interviewed he saw again as a pow in 1943 Belorussian.
My question would be this! Would anyone have an idea on who it was or if its just fiction? I would gather that not many airmen were captured during the civil war and returned from capitivity. To be flying in 1943 you must be a good pilot! He does mention it was an officer but it might not be!