Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 27th September 2018, 10:19

Nick Hector will become famous soon enoughNick Hector will become famous soon enough
Re: Karl-Heinz Nebel, III./JG 51

No problem, Johannes

And yes, I'd love to see Josten's total claims. Could you please share them here for the benefit of all who might be interested?
Old 28th September 2018, 10:17
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about

Hi Nick

Have never actually figured-out how to attach a file on TOCH......any ideas?

Kind Regards

Johannes
Old 28th September 2018, 16:33

Nick Hector will become famous soon enoughNick Hector will become famous soon enough

The little paper clip icon allows you to attach files
Old 29th September 2018, 15:16
Alter Hase

Hi

Sorry didn't see the paper clip, so as normal.

Enjoy

Kind Regards

Johannes[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]17145[/Attachment 17143

Attachment 17144

Attachment 17145ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Old 29th September 2018, 15:20
Alter Hase

Hi Guys

Do to my incompetence, and not believing I have done this correctly, I opened the JOSTEN file myself, my computer stated it was a dangerous file with regards to virus's, but I assure you it's free, wouldn't have a clue about making such a thing.

Enjoy all.

Kind Regards

Johannes
Old 29th September 2018, 16:31
Alter Hase

Col Bruggy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hector View Post
Together with Ashley Lamb, I interviewed him in 2003-2004.

He settled here in Australia post-war and became a master builder, spent his retirement in a house outside Sydney that he had built himself.

He was taken POW in hospital Koethen at the end of the war, having not recovered from his wound by that stage.

His supposed tally of 14 is "explained" by a story that he took a Bf109 up on a lone test flight and was pursued by two Yaks. He sought cover by diving into a cloud. As he came out the other side the two Yaks were spinning earthward having collided within the cloud. There was a painting made of the event but it no longer shows up on google. The original was displayed in his living room along with another that depicted his first victory (over an IL-2 as demonstrated by Johannes)

So, as previously stated, he did not claim any more victories because October was around the time that he was wounded

He passed away in 2008, I do not know the exact date
Hello,

Karl Heinz Nebel arrived at Fremantle, Western Australia (ex-Genoa), aboard the "Protea" on 21 March, 1951 (Passenger No.474). His destination was Adolphus St, Sydney. He stated his occupation as "Builder".

https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/Sear...=12020194&S=22

See: pp.22 & 53 of 63

I believe Nebel used the name "Henry Nebel" in Australia. Pop his name in here:

http://ryersonindex.net/search.php

If you wish to see all the "Nebels", just enter Nebel.

Col.

Last edited by Col Bruggy; 30th September 2018 at 05:40.
Old 29th September 2018, 17:18

PMoz99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes View Post
Hi Guys

Do to my incompetence, and not believing I have done this correctly, I opened the JOSTEN file myself, my computer stated it was a dangerous file with regards to virus's, but I assure you it's free, wouldn't have a clue about making such a thing.

Enjoy all.

Kind Regards

Johannes
I got no warning about a virus with Kaspersky.
Thanks Johannes
Peter
Old 29th September 2018, 23:54

ZhekaB is on a distinguished road

Thanks Johannes. There is little misstype error in Brendel's xls: at the end wrired that he became the last commander of I./JG51 instead of III./JG51.
Thanks, Col. Looks like dat of death of Henry Nebel is 13 Jan 2008. If it is Karl-Heinze. But age 87 looks like correct. I'm still woundering if nobody met his war time photo anywhere?
By the way i've got a list of III./JG51 pilots by start of March 1945 with kills appointments. It's not complete and combined from the two pilots interogation protokols. There is also a problem with correct name spelling because they wrote down on russian. Is it intresting for smb?
Old 1st October 2018, 05:43

Col Bruggy is right, he introduced himself as "Henry" Nebel. We took that as a nickname rather than any sort of actual name change though.

Johannes, many thanks for the Spreadsheets. If it's OK to ask, do they represent a significant improvement over the info in your Aces Biographies & Victory Claims books? (....it might save me the trouble of checking each individual one if I may put it that way)
Old 1st October 2018, 10:35
Alter Hase

Hi Nick

Am evolving the biographies all the time i.e additional claims and other information, but don't think in these cases there any improvement. Am basically searching out flugbücher/Leistungsbücher at the moment, mikrofilms don't cover the full period of the war. I actually have some 66,650 known confirmed claims details, but the number is very slowly climbing. Have completed many aces 1945 claims list since publication. We always worked on the assumption that we would publish a fifth book with corrections, additions and new aces. Have had lots of help with additional information, nearly all from TOCH members, so a big thanks to everybody. Perhaps I should try Simon Parry to see in a fifth book is wanted, or better still a second edition. If you guys can send in requests to him......it might help.
P.S John Foreman was the frontman, and ill-health has really slowed him down, so I suspect I'd have to do all the work myself this time.

Kind Regards

Johannes

P.S

To ZhekaB

Please submit your list as an attachment. Thanks for the Brendel error notification, I will amend my file.