Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 4th October 2018, 18:35
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about
Re: Bf110 C-4 ossprey emblem and pilot's ring

Looks more like a crash not crash-landing so begs the question how come a ring was found when the crew were thought to have been buried?
Old 4th October 2018, 20:57

egorrrr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Goss View Post
Looks more like a crash not crash-landing so begs the question how come a ring was found when the crew were thought to have been buried?
I found this place in June, a pile of aluminum and some devices, and there were bones and parts of shoes on the surface. I packed everything in a bag and buried it. No burial place until now. Perhaps the Finns simply put the pieces of people in the crater. In the ground deep, I found only a burnt parachute and a boot. The ring rang the metal detector for 10 meters away. I made the cross as I could and installed it. Go there - break your legs, wild places. The plane in 91 was taken by helicopter. That the plane was taken out and who were the pilot and radio operator, I learned later.

Last edited by egorrrr; 4th October 2018 at 22:58. Reason: lingvistic errors
Old 5th October 2018, 09:21

lilsis is on a distinguished road

hi

you found the place and the "finnl. grave" , toke personal stuff from it, set a cross and dont say something to official sides?

ok, if so you would be not my hero.
Old 5th October 2018, 09:53

Zippy1 is on a distinguished road

Probably the bodies were badly shattered in the crash and most, but not all of the remains were found and removed.
Old 5th October 2018, 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsis View Post
hi

you found the place and the "finnl. grave" , toke personal stuff from it, set a cross and dont say something to official sides?

ok, if so you would be not my hero.
Quiet friend, the grave was not there, it is a pity that I did not take the photo as it was. Maybe somewhere near the main grave there, I did what I could - I collected bones from the surface among the debris and buried them. I did not take personal things, everything remained there. God forbid from such happiness. If you know where and you want to inform the official authorities, I will give you the coordinates. If you absolutely insist, next year I will demolish the cross and scatter the bones into place as it was.
Old 5th October 2018, 11:09
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by egorrrr View Post
Quiet friend, the grave was not there, it is a pity that I did not take the photo as it was. Maybe somewhere near the main grave there, I did what I could - I collected bones from the surface among the debris and buried them. I did not take personal things, everything remained there. God forbid from such happiness. If you know where and you want to inform the official authorities, I will give you the coordinates. If you absolutely insist, next year I will demolish the cross and scatter the bones into place as it was.
None of which explains why you didn't inform the authorities in the first place and why you haven't done it since. That is absolutely fundamental to human decency, let alone aviation archaeology.
Old 5th October 2018, 11:16

Bruce Dennis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I did not take personal things, everything remained there.
egorrrr, the photos you posted show the ring and emblem.

Bruce
Old 5th October 2018, 14:27

lilsis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi,
if you are men enough write a mail to Verein zur Bergung deutscher Gefallener in Ostdeutschland (VGBO) and Verbund Deutsche Kreigsgräberfürsorge e.V. (VDK) , That ist the minimum what you "must" do - and not in "each forum (like feldgrau usw. )"Hey if you like i can send coordinates - no just that not. regards
Old 5th October 2018, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Dennis View Post
egorrrr, the photos you posted show the ring and emblem.

Bruce
The ring is left there, it is a very bad omen to take it. I make a photo - there is a coat of arms and may be someone looking for it.
I have only an emblem.
Old 5th October 2018, 14:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsis View Post
Hi,
if you are men enough write a mail to Verein zur Bergung deutscher Gefallener in Ostdeutschland (VGBO) and Verbund Deutsche Kreigsgräberfürsorge e.V. (VDK) , That ist the minimum what you "must" do - and not in "each forum (like feldgrau usw. )"Hey if you like i can send coordinates - no just that not. regards
I agree. I learned that in such cases, I must to write in Volksbund. Oк.

Last edited by egorrrr; 5th October 2018 at 14:56. Reason: lingvistic errors

Tags
bf-110