Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 8th October 2021, 16:07

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road
The brand new Black Cross Red Star, Vol. 1 has arrived from the printer - order now

The brand new Black Cross Red Star, Vol. 1 arrived from the printer three days ago. I am very happy with the printing quality. We have been busy packing the preorders since then. All books have now been posted to everyone who have pre-ordered and paid for both the book and the postage.

If you wish to order a signed copy that you will receive before it is available in the bookstores and from Amazon etc (that will probably take at least one month from now), you are welcome to email your order to vaktelforlag [at] gmail.com

Click here to email me

The price is 600 SEK (Swedish krona) for one copy, plus 270 SEK in postage. (1 US$ = 8.80 SEK.)

This new edition of Black Cross/Red Star, Volume 1 exceeds the first edition regarding the quality of the material to the point that the new edition actually is a completely new book. Also, the word count in this edition is twice that of the old 1999 edition.

https://vaktelforlag.se/produkt/blac...on-barbarossa/

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/
Old 8th October 2021, 16:51

Edward is on a distinguished road
Re: The brand new Black Cross Red Star, Vol. 1 has arrived from the printer - order now

Congratulations Christer!

Can't wait to read this.
Old 8th October 2021, 23:42

AndreasB is on a distinguished road
Re: The brand new Black Cross Red Star, Vol. 1 has arrived from the printer - order now

Congratulations!

All the best

Andreas
Old 13th October 2021, 17:54

Black6 is on a distinguished road

I just received the new Vol. 1, it is a SUPERB book with all of the real quality we now expect from him. Some nice colour profiles, lots of photos too.
Very pleased and highly recommended.
Peter
Old 19th October 2021, 17:53

James A Pratt III is on a distinguished road

Will buy as soon as Aberdeen bookstore or some other outlet in the US gets it in stock.
Old 19th October 2021, 18:48

I pre-ordered my copy from the Book Depository and it was shipped to the U.S. yesterday.

Last edited by Edward; 19th October 2021 at 20:25.
Old 19th October 2021, 22:03

AndreasB is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Christer, I hope it sells really really well. It looks awesome!

Thank you so much for your generosity.

Let me know when you come to London, you don't have to buy your own beer.

All the best

Andreas
Old 30th October 2021, 11:03

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road

Thanks, everyone. Black Cross Red Star, Vol. 1 is selling tremendously well, so I have now broken even. It is always such a risk-taking to publish such an expensive book, but so far all three new books, Volumes 4, 5, and now 1, have not only broken even, but also given me a small surplus that I can use for Volume 2.

Anyone who would like to support it through crowdfunding (each volume is totally depending on crowdfunding) is welcome to contact me at vaktelforlag@gmail.com

Please note that this is not "commercial advertisement"; I am not working on this book series to make a lot of money (which I don't), but because there simply is nothing else available that covers the subject in such detail, based on primary sources from both sides.

https://vaktelforlag.se/produkt/blac...1941-may-1942/

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/
Old 30th October 2021, 15:06

AMC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christer Bergström View Post
Thanks, everyone. Black Cross Red Star, Vol. 1 is selling tremendously well, so I have now broken even. It is always such a risk-taking to publish such an expensive book, but so far all three new books, Volumes 4, 5, and now 1, have not only broken even, but also given me a small surplus that I can use for Volume 2.

Anyone who would like to support it through crowdfunding (each volume is totally depending on crowdfunding) is welcome to contact me at vaktelforlag@gmail.com

Please note that this is not "commercial advertisement"; I am not working on this book series to make a lot of money (which I don't), but because there simply is nothing else available that covers the subject in such detail, based on primary sources from both sides.

https://vaktelforlag.se/produkt/blac...1941-may-1942/

I ordered Volume 1 one from Book Depositary only to be told it was definitely in Swedish (as it is advertised on B/D).
Got a refund before it was sent...
Old 30th October 2021, 16:18

I pre-ordered a copy from the Book Depository on August 18th. It was shipped on October 18th and arrived in the U.S. on Monday, October 25th.

Christer's revised Volume I exceeded all expectations. What a solid piece of research. Highest recommendation.

Edward