Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 22nd April 2013, 03:33
Alter Hase

Melvin Brownless is on a distinguished road
Luftwaffe POW Heinz Westermann

Hi All,

I am searching for information regarding this former Luftwaffe Observer Heinz Westermann. In 1947 Heinz was working on a farm in England still a POW. I am trying to gather as much info on Heinz as possible because in 1947 he witnessed a Mosquito crash near to where he was working and his testimony was used in the Court of Inquiry. Does anyone have details of how Heinz was taken POW? Sorry I have no date.

Any help with this case would be greatly appreciated.

Melvin

www.aircrewremembrancesociety.co.uk