Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 19th March 2007, 21:40

thunderbolt is on a distinguished road
Luftwaffe at Tricesimo, Italy

Dear Sirs,

I am an aeronautical local historian (not professional) and I am doing an historical research about the airdrome of Osoppo located in North-East of Italy during the second world war.
I live a town called Gemona, 3 km near of Osoppo 30 km north of Udine. I have started my researches many years ago.

I write this Message because I am looking for informations about the Luftwaffe operations in the area where I live.
In particular I am looking for infos about the use of the landing strip area of TRICESIMO, 15 km north of Udine by the Stab./JG53 during Feb 44 to Apr 44..

So (excusume me for my poor enghlish) could you help ??

Thank you very much,

Best Regards

Michele D'Aronco
Gemona, Italy
Old 19th March 2007, 23:43
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Luftwaffe at Tricesimo, Italy

René Darbois, a French pilot conscripted into the Luftwaffe (and who later defected to the Allies) told his interrogators that at the end of June 1944 he was posted from 1./JGr. West to JG 53. The Geschwaderstab was supposed to be in Tricesimo (UD) but when he arrived there on 29 June, he found that it had moved to Germany two days earlier.