Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 5th February 2005, 09:49

Ettore
What's camouflage for these 109 ??

Hi people from Genova-NW Italy.........
Can someone help me about camouflage of these 109 ??

Pilot - Maj Wolfgang Schellmann 1940

about 109 jap I think 70/71/65 with flou bloches of 71 on side and not wave mirror as draw..........

Thank to all and best regards
Ettore
Old 5th February 2005, 11:09
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation
In Model Art No. 375 Messerschmitt Bf 109 B-E there is a good picture of the Japanese Emil and it looks fairly standard, since its B&W the exact colors can only be guessed, but would most likely be the standard factory finish of that particular batch of E-7s. The Mottle pattern also looks very standard for the period. The profile although technically well done seems to have some minor issues when it comes to the markings. Also the mottle doesn't seem to represent the effect of the photo.

Still I'd wish I had this template, one of these days I'll try my luck with profiles!!!

Haven't looked into the JG 2 bird, but she looks fairly standard with the roughly added RLM 70 in the typical JG 2 manner.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Old 5th February 2005, 12:22

Ettore
many thanks Ruy
I don't remember If i have Model Art, but i'll find it...............

Ettore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruy Horta
In Model Art No. 375 Messerschmitt Bf 109 B-E there is a good picture of the Japanese Emil and it looks fairly standard, since its B&W the exact colors can only be guessed, but would most likely be the standard factory finish of that particular batch of E-7s. The Mottle pattern also looks very standard for the period. The profile although technically well done seems to have some minor issues when it comes to the markings. Also the mottle doesn't seem to represent the effect of the photo.

Still I'd wish I had this template, one of these days I'll try my luck with profiles!!!

Haven't looked into the JG 2 bird, but she looks fairly standard with the roughly added RLM 70 in the typical JG 2 manner.
Old 6th February 2005, 13:12

RLM-76
CIAO ETTORE,

IL PROFILO DI THIERRY DEKKER DEL BF 109-E DI SCHELLMANN E' MOLTO BELLO,MA CREDO CHE PER AVERE UN'IDEA ESATTA DEL CAMOUFLAGE DI UN'AEREO BISOGNEREBBE OSSERVARE LA FOTO ORIGINALE DELL'EPOCA.
COMUNQUE SE SI TIENE PRESENTE DELLA DATA MAGGIO 1940, IO CREDO CHE LA VERNICIATURA DEL BF 109 POSSA ESSERE: SUPERFICI SUPERIORI E SPINA FUSOLIERE RLM-71 DUNKELGRUEN+RLM-02 RLM GRAU, MENTRE LE SUPERFICI INFERIORI E LA FUSOLIERA IN RLM-65 HELLBLAU.
LE STRIATURE SONO ALQUANTO STRANE,IN QUANTO LO JG 2 APPLICAVA SUL CAMPO IL COLORE RLM-71 ALTERNATO AL RLM-02 CON DELLE SPUGNE(VEDI L'AEREO DI HELMUT WICK).
IN SOSTANZA QUESTA E' LA MIA INTERPRETAZIONE,SENZA AVERE LA FOTO ORIGINALE.
PER TUA CONOSCENZA COLLABORO CON LE MIE FOTO ALLA RIVISTA TEDESCA "LUFTWAFFE IM FOCUS" SE NON LA CONOSCI PUOI CONTATTARE TUTTOSTORIA DI PARMA O DIRETTAMENTE IL MIO EDITORE ED AMICO AXEL URBANKE:axel-urbanke@luftfahrtverlag-start.de
SE HAI DOMANDE INERENTI I CACCIA TEDESCHI NON ESITARE A SCRIVERMI.....E BUON MODELLISMO!!
CIAO
PAT