Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 30th September 2022, 19:17

Del Davis is on a distinguished road
German Fighters in the West from Poland to the Defence of the Reich

After many years of hard work and delay this 500+ page book will finally be published by JaPo
https://www.japo.eu/products.php?prod=23
Having seen earlier drafts of it, I can tell you that the content is exceptional and it is now enhanced with 41 profiles
Old 23rd November 2022, 21:40

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough
Re: German Fighters in the West from Poland to the Defence of the Reich

..on sale now...
Old 30th December 2022, 23:09

Rémi Baudru is on a distinguished road

The book is exceptional, with very interesting photos with very detailed captions all along the 500 pages...
A lot of time a long the pages the authors gave us the chance to see multiple views of the same plane.
The quality of the printing is perfect.
The profiles drawn by Anders Hjortsberg (1940/1944 planes) and Thomas Poruba (late war planes) are perfect.
For those who have the chance to have purchased the last AIMS "late 109 decals" you will find good photos of the 109 K4 <4+ with the name "Maxi"...
To my mind, you can purchase this book without hesitation.
Best regards from France.
RB
Old 15th January 2023, 16:03

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough

thanks Rémi, I'm sure the authors, illustrators and publisher will be thrilled with that assessment from the author of the superb 'Furies et Crocodiles'.

I took a copy of 'German Fighters..' along to the first model club meeting of the year last Tuesday (East Kent Scale Modellers, every second Tuesday of the month at the RAF Manston history museum). The general consensus (29 modellers..) was that the book was 'phenomenal'...
Old 18th January 2023, 11:17

richdlc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkeEins View Post
thanks Rémi, I'm sure the authors, illustrators and publisher will be thrilled with that assessment from the author of the superb 'Furies et Crocodiles'.

I took a copy of 'German Fighters..' along to the first model club meeting of the year last Tuesday (East Kent Scale Modellers, every second Tuesday of the month at the RAF Manston history museum). The general consensus (29 modellers..) was that the book was 'phenomenal'...
glad to hear that the book was well received mate
Old 19th January 2023, 14:21

Mark Copeland is on a distinguished road

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!!

I ordered three copies of the book on December 10th, 2022 directly from Japo Publishing. They were being sent by airmail from the publisher to my home in Minnesota.

I reached out to Japo a couple of weeks ago to get a tracking number or an update and they replied, " dispatched."

I was wondering if anyone in the United States was having the same experience? I realize the U.S. Postal Service has had many issues lately, but it seems that give weeks is a little excessive.

Appreciate any shared thoughts!!

Mark Copeland