Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 22nd April 2016, 15:43
Alter Hase

DavidIsby will become famous soon enoughDavidIsby will become famous soon enough
Article on Coastal Command OR on Internet

http://www.ijnhonline.org/2015/12/06...at-operations/

Eyes of the Ospreys: An Analysis of RAF Coastal Command’s Operational Research Section in Counter-U-Boat Operations

Timothy A. Walton
Old 23rd April 2016, 04:59
Alter Hase

Juha is on a distinguished road
Re: Article on Coastal Command OR on Internet

Hello David
thanks for the link, seems interesting. But I'm surprised taht the author haven't use the memoirs of ex-junior naval officer and future Nobel Laureate Patrick Blackett who was probably the most important member of the Operational Research Section of RAF Coastal Command. Much of which I noticed during the quick look on the article was already familiar to me from the Blackett's writing which I read some 45 years ago. Blackett's book was very revealing and I still remember, at least partly, the analytical backgrounds behind the changes in the camo of CC aircraft, the depht setting of aerial depht charges and the search sectors of air crews.
Old 23rd April 2016, 09:50
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Article on Coastal Command OR on Internet

I still remember, at least partly, the analytical backgrounds behind the changes in the camo of CC aircraft
Thanks! I remember getting that book from the library as a teenager but I'd long forgotten who the author was!